"Mathematics is a more powerful instrument of knowledge than any other that has been
bequeathed to us by human agency." - Descartes
Amount: $1000 - $5000 Per Year
Eligibility: High School Seniors and Transfer Students
Application available: August 1st
Applications accepted: September 1st
Deadline to apply: December 1st
To Apply for the Mathematics Department Scholarship, you must:
- Apply for admission to University of Dallas.
- Complete the Departmental Scholarship Application and submit two weeks prior to your campus visit and interview. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to the following address:
University of Dallas
Office of Undergraduate Admission
Mathematics Department Scholarship
1845 E Northgate Drive
Irving, TX 75062
- Submit a short essay answering the question: "How has your study of mathematics influenced
- Schedule an on-campus interview with the Mathematics Department by registering for
Odyssey Days or a personalized visit to the University of Dallas. Applicants should be prepared for a written exam and
an oral interview.
The Mathematics Department Scholarship is renewable annually for four consecutive
school years, dependent upon the student's academic performance and the criteria stated
- Fulfill general scholarship renewal criteria.
- Take Linear Point Set Theory by the sophomore year and one other advanced mathematics
course (3000 or above) by the end of the junior year.