"A special kind of beauty exists which is born in language, of language and for language."
- Gaston Bachelard, French Philosopher
Amount: $1000 - $5000 Per Year
Eligibility: High School Seniors and Transfer Students
Application available: August 1st
Applications accepted: September 1st
Deadline to apply: December 1st
To Apply for the Spanish Department Scholarship, you must:
- Apply for admission to University of Dallas.
- Complete the Spanish Departmental Scholarship Application and submit two weeks prior to your campus visit and interview. Email to email@example.com or mail to the following address:
University of Dallas
Office of Undergraduate Admission
Spanish Department Scholarship
1845 E Northgate Drive
Irving, TX 75062
- Submit a letter of recommendation from your high school or college Spanish teacher.
- Schedule an on-campus interview with the Spanish Department by registering for Odyssey Days or a personalized visit to the University of Dallas.
The Spanish Department Scholarship is renewable annually for four consecutive school
years, dependent upon the student's academic performance and the criteria stated below:
- Fulfill general scholarship renewal criteria.
- Complete at least four courses above the Intermediate I level.
- Begin Spanish courses during the first semester freshman year and take at lease one
course each semester attending the Irving campus until the minimum is reached.
- Meet with the Spanish Advisor each semester for approval of your course schedule until
you have achieved the minimum course completion requirements.
- Help organize at least one extracurricular activity per semester that is of interest
to students of Spanish.