Satish & Yasmin Gupta College of Business Graduate Merit Scholarship
Amount: $2,000; the scholarship is a one-time, non-renewable award.
Eligibility: First-time domestic and international (visa-holding) students in the MBA or MS programs.
New students who have demonstrated significant achievements may be selected for a Graduate Business Merit Scholarship.
The award will be applied to the first term of enrollment at University of Dallas.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- Be admitted to the MBA or MS program within the Satish & Yasmin Gupta College of Business.
- Be enrolled in a Satish & Yasmin Gupta College of Business graduate program during the term
- Meet the following application deadlines (only applicants who have submitted all required application documents and fees will be considered):
- Fall term: July 1 (Fall term begins in August and ends in December)
- Spring term: December 1 (Spring term begins in January and ends in April)
- Summer term: April 1 (Summer term begins in May or June and ends in August)
International (VISA-holding) Students:
- Fall term: June 1 (Fall term begins in August and ends in December)
- Spring term: October 1 (Spring term begins in January and ends in August)
- Summer term: March 1 (Summer term begins in May or June and ends in August)
If your application is considered complete by the above deadlines, you will be automatically considered for a scholarship (no additional application required).
DFW RIMS (Risk Management Society) Scholarship
DFW RIMS is proud to continue its program of offering scholarships to outstanding applicants who are focused on a career in risk management, insurance and related disciplines. Graduate students are eligible, but must be current DFW RIMS members. The award requires the recipient be enrolled full-time at an institution of higher education during the academic year. Awards vary depending on multiple factors, including the available amount of the scholarship fund, the number of eligible applicants, and the applicants' qualifications. The awards generally run in the range of $250 to $3,000 per scholarship.
The DFW RIMS Education Committee will consider applicants who meet some or all of the following criteria:
1. enrollment status: full time graduate student (6 or more hours per term).
2. field of study - normally a risk management discipline with a business curriculum.
3. career objective in risk management.
4. grade point average of 3.0 or higher.
5. relevant work experience.
6. leadership skills.
8. DFW RIMS membership (note that student memberships are available).
9. membership in the Gamma Iota Sigma risk management fraternity.
The exact deadline for scholarship applications varies by year but is in mid-September; please see the scholarship application for the exact deadline. Scholarships are announced in late September or early October and recipients are requested to attend DFW RIMS's Fall Symposium in order to receive their scholarship. When available, Fall Symposium information may be found on the DFW RIMS website (http://dallasftworth.rims.org).
Many private scholarships are available to accounting students. See the following web sites for possible scholarship opportunities:
AICPA Minority Scholarships
AICPA John L. Carey Scholarships
Hispanic Scholarship Fund
National Association of Black Accountants National Scholarship Program
National Society of Accountants Scholarship Foundation
Texas Society of CPAs Scholarships
2015 Information Assurance Scholarship Program
The next Department of Defense (DoD) Information Assurance Scholarship Program (IASP) will be awarded in August 2015. The IASP program is designed to provide financial assistance and post graduate employment to students in National Centers of Academic Excellence in IA (including UD) who are studying information assurance/information security. Students are encouraged to review the website below before deciding to pursue the IASP: Information Assurance Scholarship Program
If you are interested in applying for the Fall 2015-2016 Information Assurance Scholarship Program, please read the attached document and complete all of the information on the application.
As a reminder, official transcripts (unopened) are required from all of the schools that you have attended. Incomplete applications will not be accepted or submitted for the scholarship. Carefully follow the instructions for your Letters Of Reference. It may be helpful for you to draft the letters (containing all information in the instructions) for the individuals you are wanting to complete and sign your reference letters.
To be considered for the IASP your completed application and all documents must arrive in one package at the University of Dallas Irving Office - Attn: Dr. Sandra Blanke by Friday, January 16, 2015 at 5pm.
If you have any questions, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Students interested in the IASP must complete the application and submit a hard copy with supporting documents to Dr. Blanke at the following address:
University of Dallas Satish & Yasmin Gupta College of Business
Attn: Dr. Sandra Blanke
1845 E. Northgate Drive
Irving, Texas 75062
ALL MATERIALS INCLUDING ORIGINAL TRANSCRIPTS MUST BE RECEIVED IN HARD COPY BY 5:00 PM ON JANUARY 16, 2015. LATE OR INCOMPLETE SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
2. Each student who submits a complete application package within the acceptable time frame will be included in the proposal submitted by UD to the DoD. Potential employers will evaluate the applications and select students from those submitted. UD will receive and distribute funds for those students selected.
3. Students must be US citizens to apply for the IASP scholarship.
4. Students offered the scholarship have 30 days to accept or decline it. Students that accept the scholarship must agree to employment within a DoD agency upon completion of their degree requirements. Employment and relocation may be required.
5. Funding will not be available to selected students until August.
6. UD students who are current federal employees, active duty military, or national guard cannot currently apply for the IASP through UD. They are eligible to apply for the scholarship through their current DoD employer.