Undergraduate students at the University of Dallas are encouraged to apply, as well
as undergraduate students at other institutions. The University reserves the opportunity
to participate in the Rome Program for students who are most likely to both succeed
academically through the curriculum of liberal arts study and behave responsibly in
the environment of the close-knit Rome campus community and during their individual
travels in Europe. Students demonstrate their qualifications for acceptance with a
cumulative grade point average of at least 2.5 and a good discipline record.
The following are necessary for an application to be eligible for review:
- Application materials listed below.
- Fulfillment of minimum academic requirements including a 2.5 cumulative grade point
average and good academic standing. Students who are not matriculated at the University
of Dallas must have a minimum 3.0 grade point average at their home institution.
- Good health and maturity: it is also important that students be prepared for two months
overseas in an intense program that is physically, socially and academically challenging.
Health and student life histories are reviewed in light of these concerns.
A Current UD Student Application Includes:
A Non-UD Student Application Includes:
- Non-UD Student Summer Rome Application
- An Essay explaining why you seek these courses at the University of Dallas
- Official College transcript(s) and Official high school transcript if less than 30
hours on your college transcript.
- Dean Certification Form
- Medical Information and Release Form
- Photocopy of information page of passport valid until November 2014 (If you do not
have a passport please apply for one immediately. We will review your application
while you await the arrival of your passport.) APPLY NOW. Passports can take up to
six weeks to process. For information on how to apply for or renew a passport, visit:
Once your application is complete we will seek verification from your home University
regarding your academic qualifications and social maturity.
All materials should be mailed to the University of Dallas Rome & Summer Programs
Office, 1845 E Northgate Dr, Irving, TX 75062. Items may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 972-721-5283.