Apply as an International Student
With a global alumni population, a growing international student body and a reputation
for being a top liberal arts school, UD is the ideal place for International students
to continue their education. At UD, you will experience a high quality academic environment
and receive solid career preparation, while also participating in a wide-range of
extracurricular activities and exploring one of the fastest growing metropolitan areas
in the United States.
International student applicants are evaluated individually based on the potential
for success at UD in light of previous academic performance, candid recommendations,
standardized testing and personal qualities. As an International student applicant,
there are additional required components of the application process. We encourage
you to visit our International Student Services page to learn more about applying, scholarships, deadlines and other important information
regarding admission. You will find our International Student Frequently Asked Questions page helpful in answering many of your questions specifically related to entering
our undergraduate program as an International student. We look forward to working
with you and wish you the best of luck in your college search!
International Student Application Checklist
In order to be considered for admission to the University of Dallas, International
students must submit:
- The online Common Application, including the essay.
- Counselor recommendation (via the Common Application).
- University of Dallas Member Questions (via the Common Application).
- Official transcripts (with certified English translations), showing all secondary
and post-secondary courses and grades.
- Submit national examination results and/or official notification of successful school
- Send your official results of the TOEFL or IELTS for students from a non-English speaking
country and/or your official ACT and/or SAT score reports for students from English
- TOEFL minimum scores for application review: 79 for Internet-based test only.
- IELTS minimum score for application review: 6.5.
- Optional: Send your official ACT and/or SAT score reports. ACT and/or SAT score reports
appearing on official high school transcripts are acceptable. This is only for students wishing to qualify for merit-based scholarship or for students
from English-speaking countries. Our ACT school code is 04234. Our SAT code is 6868.
- Conditional admission not offered by the University of Dallas. Students must apply
- If you have taken college or university courses during high school, have an official
copy of your final transcript forwarded directly to the University of Dallas.
- Submit your $50 application fee or an official fee waiver form. If completing an online application, you may submit payment electronically.
- Submit a copy of your passport (if available).
If you still have questions about applying as an International student, visit our International Student Frequently Asked Questions page or contact an admission counselor at email@example.com.
Once admitted, international students must complete the Confirmation of Financial Resources Form, certified by a bank official (not required for lawful permanent residents or those
of H-4, E-2, G-2, L-2 status).
The University of Dallas recognizes exceptional academic performance for those students
who have earned their International Baccalaureate (IB) diploma. The academic standards
of the IB curricula prepare future UD students for the intellectual rigor they will
encounter throughout their years at the university. By recognizing the value of the
IB diploma, the University of Dallas is sure to be enriched by those students who
have demonstrated discipline and intellectual curiosity.
In order to be eligible for the IB Scholar Award, students must be non-US citizens
entering the University of Dallas as incoming freshmen. Learn more about the IB Scholar Award.