"Art is the Queen of all sciences communicating knowledge to all the generations of
the world" -Leonardo da Vinci
Amount: $1000 - $5000 Per Year
Eligibility: High School Seniors and Transfer Students
Application available: August 1
Deadline to apply: January 15
To Apply for the Art Department Scholarship, you must:
- Apply for admission to University of Dallas
- Submit ONE of the following:
- A CD with no more than 20 digital images (72 dpi resolution, largest dimension should
be a maximum of 1000 pixels). Please also include a list of images as a .doc file,
including thumbnail of image, title, date, size and medium description.
- A short essay (400-600 words) analyzing a work of art, preferably one viewed in person.
Please include an image of the chosen work with your essay
- Complete the Art Departmental Scholarship Application and submit any supplemental material to email@example.com or by mail to the following address:
University of Dallas
Office of Undergraduate Admission
Art Department Scholarship
1845 E Northgate Drive
Irving, TX 75062
- While not required for this award, applicants wishing to meet with a member of the
Art faculty should arrange an interview by registering for Odyssey Day or a personalized visit to the University of Dallas.
The Art Department Scholarship is renewable annually for four consecutive school years,
dependent upon the student's academic performance and the criteria stated below:
- Fulfill general scholarship renewal criteria.
- Enroll in and successfully complete a 2-credit or 3-credit studio art or art history
course each semester. Courses may not be repeated.