The ninth-largest city and part of the fourth-largest metropolitan area in the nation, Dallas covers approximately 343 square miles and has a population of 1,299,543. The ultra modern and sophisticated city attracts worldwide travelers, making the area the No. 1 visitor and leisure destination in Texas.
- UD is located in Dallas, Texas which has a robust economy and is the headquarters of 50 Fortune 1000 companies.
- The University of Dallas has established reputation with more than 15,000 alumni from over 96 countries.
- The Dallas area is home to 16 different Asian nationalities.
- Dallas has been named a "Top 5 city for African Americans" by Black Enterprise magazine.
- Texas history is deeply rooted in the Hispanic culture. Today, nearly half of the city's population is Latino.
- Dallas is a richly diverse American city: over the years it has become a melting pot of cultures, religions and lifestyles.
- Dallas' authentic arts, music, food, places of worship, historic landmarks and urban lifestyle all contribute to the city's makeup.
The following links will help you learn more about the Dallas-Fort Worth area and the business climate in North Texas.
Our International Student Office (ISO) is dedicated to serving the special needs of our international students, and we also have an active International Student Association. Find them on Facebook for additional information.