University of Dallas Excellence in Education Conference
“Critical Conversations on Literacy and Learning”
When: April 22, 2017, 8:30 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Where: University of Dallas Campus, Gorman Lecture Center
Join us for this informative and, interactive conference, where you’ll hear from engaging
speakers on current and, relevant topics as we discuss critical issues in education.
You can also earn three hours of CPE credit.
Breakout Topics Include:
- Strategies to Improve Academic Vocabulary
- Understanding Dyslexia and Learning Differences
- Shakespeare without Tears or a Pleasant Mode of Teaching Shakespeare
- Content Reading Strategies to Support the Success of Second Language Learners in the
- The Power of Storytelling in the Classroom
- UD education student poster presentations
This conference brings together scholars, researchers, educators, pre-service teachers,
professionals and other groups interested in teacher education to discuss timely topics
in the educational sciences.
Free for UD students, $10 for teachers and administrators
Where to Park:
Gorman Lecture Center is Building #14 on the map. Parking is best in lots C, J,
K, L, N. If parking is not available in those lots please use B or P near the dorms
and our main entrance. Signs will be located around campus to direct to the Groman
Lecture Center for the conference.