To be recommended by the University of Dallas for Texas Secondary [Grades 8 - 12] Certification, candidates must show evidence of the following:
1) Bachelor's Degree with an overall grade point average of 2.75 (on a 4.0 scale)
and a 2.75 in pedagogical and teaching field courses.
2) General Education Courses-6 hours in English required-12 recommended; 3 hours in math, college algebra or above; 3-4 hours in laboratory science; 6 hours in history, 3 of which must be American; 3 hours in American Government.
3) Complete: Edu 3111, 3112, 3305, 3328, 3335, 4346, 4848, 4148, 5323, 5351, 5352, and at least one semester of Reflective Teaching (Edu 3147, 3148, or 4150).
4) Twenty-four hours in a teaching field, 18 are upper division hours. Two subject certification areas and composite fields require additional hours in content.
5) Pass the written and oral comprehensive examinations in Education.
6) Pass appropriate TExES/ExCET tests.
7) Complete placement file and teaching portfolio.
N. B. The Department of Education complies with the Texas state certification requirements as set by the State Board of Educator Certification. At the time of this publication, the requirements are accurate; however, requirements may change to reflect new state regulations.