Elementary Certification (EC-6 Generalist)
To be recommended by the University of Dallas for Texas Elementary [Grades Pre-K (Early
Childhood) - four] Certification, candidates must show evidence of the following:
1) Bachelor's Degree with an overall grade point average of 2.75 (on a 4.0 scale) and a 2.75 in pedagogical courses.
2) General education courses-6 semester hours in English required-12 recommended; 3 semester hours in math, college algebra or above; 3-4 semester hours in laboratory science; 6 semester hours in history, 3 of which must be American; 3 semester hours in American Government.
3) Complete: Edu 3101, 3102, 3103, 3305, 3322, 3323, 3324 or 5354, 3325, 3326, 3327, 3330, 3335, at least one semester of Reflective Teaching (Edu 3147, 3148), 4343, 4847, 4147 and 5351.
4) Pass the written and oral comprehensive examinations in Education.
5) Pass appropriate TExES.
6) Complete placement file and teaching portfolio.
N. B. The Department of Education complies with the Texas state certification requirements as set by the State Board of Educator Certification. At the time of this publication, the requirements are accurate; however, requirements may change to reflect new state regulations.