Every donation to UD of $25 or more made through DonorBridgeTX.org will receive bonus funds from the Communities Foundation of Texas, this Thursday, Sept. 19, from 7 a.m.-midnight. This is UD's third year participating in the event, which, last year, raised nearly $50,000 in 17 hours.
"What better way to recognize the start of a new academic year than with a gift – strengthened by Communities Foundation of Texas – in support of our students?" said Jim Livernois, director of annual giving programs.
Alumni, parents, faculty, staff and friends of the university can show their support for UD students during North Texas Giving Day by:
1. visiting donorbridgetx.org any time from 7 a.m.-midnight on September 19;
2. searching for the "University of Dallas";
3. clicking "Donate Now" (log-in and password are not required);
4. giving $25 or more safely and securely;
5. and, waiting for your email confirmation/tax receipt from the "Communities Foundation of Texas."
In 2012, 217 gifts during North Texas Giving Day raised nearly $50,000 for the university in only 17 hours. Those gifts made the difference in surpassing the prior year's Cor Fund total by just over $41,000. Add to that success breaking the all-time record for revenue generated by UD's annual Golf Tournament and doubling the highest attendance for an alumni event during the 50th Anniversary Groundhog, and it turned out to be quite a year.