On Thursday, Dec. 20, the University will once again be organizing an e-waste recycling day.
Please bring all appropriate items from your departments or homes and drop them off at the Haggar loading dock between 9 a.m.-2 p.m. on Dec. 20. Please do not bring items prior to this date since there will be no secure storage space available until Dec. 20.
Every department and office is asked to assist with this event by delivering their own items to the Haggar dock. Should you need assistance with large quantities or oversized items such as large TVs or copiers, please submit a work order to Facilities by Monday, Dec. 17, in order to ensure that your e-waste can be removed.
This is the final opportunity for departments and offices to dispose of CRT TVs, monitors, etc. at no charge, so please take advantage of it. Beginning in 2013, a fee will be assessed for these and other similar devices that contain heavy metals such as lead.
Some examples of appropriate recyclable items include:
• TVs, VCRs, DVD players and their disks, remotes and related cords, connectors, and
• Computers, CRT and LCD/LED monitors, printers, scanners, multifunction machines, copiers, laptops, cords and cables
• Entertainment systems (e.g. Nintendo, PlayStation or Xbox) and all related peripherals
• CDs, stereos, radios, speakers, cell phone phones
• Empty ink and toner cartridges
• Scrap metal pieces
This list is not exhaustive but is meant to give you a general idea of the wide variety of items that are eligible for recycling. Feel free to contact the Purchasing Department at (972) 721-5163 with any questions that you might have.