The person who interviews you will typically ask if you have any questions about the
position or the company. Don't pass up this opportunity to gather information – it
indicates that you are interested in the job and may help in your decision-making
The best questions are those that build on the content of your interview, but the
following are additional suggestions:
- To what extent will I be responsible for determining my work objectives?
- Describe the rotational training program associated with this position/internship.
How is employee performance evaluated during the training period?
- What career paths have others generally followed after completing the program?
- As an intern, what kind of projects will I receive?
- What characteristics best describe individuals who are successful in this position?
- Where could a person advance who is successful in this position? Within what time
- In what ways has this organization been most successful in terms of products/services
over the past several years?
- How is job performance evaluated?
- What has been the professional growth track for other students who have been recruited
by your company over the past 3-5 years?
- How would you describe the culture of your organization?
- If I work hard and prove my value to the company, where might I find myself in five
- What is a typical work week for a (position) in your company?
- How much decision-making authority is given to new employees?
- Does your organization encourage its employees to pursue additional education?
- What other positions/departments will I interact with the most?
- What are the key business reasons driving the need for this position?
- Describe the three top challenges that I'll face in this job.
- What has to happen for you to know you've hired the best person?
- What are the key deliverables and outcomes that this position must achieve?
- Describe the top three initiatives for your company/department and how this position
is linked to these initiatives.
- What are the key metrics for measuring success in this position?