Questions to ask yourself:
- What are both my short and long-term goals?
- Are my goals personally realistic?
- Is an advanced degree required to obtain my career goals?
- Do I really love the field enough to narrow my studies and obtain an advanced degree?
- Do I have the necessary academic ability and interest to be successful in graduate
- Am I choosing graduate school to delay the process of finding a job?
- Am I choosing graduate school because I feel there are no other options at this time?
- Am I willing to invest the time, effort and expense to complete an advanced degree?
You may be interested in choosing to attend graduate school if you have a:
- Clear intent of what career you want to pursue and an advanced degree is required
- Desire to immerse yourself in the study of a specific academic discipline.
- Desire to practice in a specialized career.
- Desire for a complete career change.
- Desire for career/salary advancement that requires a graduate degree.
- Desire to switch from practitioner to administrator.
- Need for professional licensing in your career.