Welcome to the Facilities Department Website
The Facilities Department provides services that are crucial to the education, research,
& public service of the University's mission. We consistently strive to meet the diverse
facilities-related needs of University students, faculty, staff, and visitors.
What we do
- We maintain the campus buildings, utility infrastructure, streets & grounds.
- We coordinate & provide technical services for all campus construction, renovation
- We maintain archives & plans concerning the specifications & history of our buildings
- We assist with campus special events through custodial, grounds, maintenance & craft
related services as well as room make ready, event set-ups, & electrical services.
- We coordinate pest control services, elevator maintenance, building environmental
control, & outdoor landscape services.
- We provide a comprehensive on-line maintenance work request system for the submission of maintenance requests & online correspondence within the university
community. Click HERE for a procedural instruction sheet.
- We comply with 29 CFR 1910.1200 (b)(4)(ii)(iii) by providing Safety Data Sheets throughMSDSonline® on our "Facilities Resources" page.
- We administer the campus recycling program.
- We provide for the recycling and/or disposal of e-wastes, universal wastes, hazardous
wastes, bio-medical wastes, scrap metals, & non regulated solid wastes in compliance
with EPA and TCEQ regulations.
Our Campus Location
The Facilities Center is located on the westernmost end of Lot L. Our campus street
address is: 2929A Gorman Drive.
We are designated as building # 27 on the UD campus map.
Standard Hours of Operation: Monday-Friday 7:30 am to 4:00 pm
During the spring & fall semesters Custodial Services will have personnel on campus
until 8:00 pm, & Technical Services will have a technician on duty until 7:00 pm.
For requests after standard business hours see the "After Hours Requests" page.