Welcome to the Facilities Department
Ex Muneris Adveho Veneratio "From Work Cometh Honor"
The Facilities Department provides services that are crucial to the education, research,
& public service of the University's mission. We consistently strive to meet the diverse
facilities-related needs of University students, faculty, staff and visitors.
What we do
- We maintain the campus buildings, utility infrastructure, streets & grounds.
- We coordinate & provide technical services for all campus construction, renovation
- We maintain archives & plans concerning the specifications & history of our buildings
- We assist with campus special events through custodial, grounds, maintenance & craft
related services as well as room make ready set-ups, audio systems, & electrical services.
- We coordinate pest control services, elevator maintenance, building environmental
control, & outdoor landscape services.
- We provide a comprehensive on-line maintenance work request system for the submission of maintenance requests & online correspondance within the university
- We comply with 29 CFR 1910.1200 (b)(4)(ii)(iii) by providing MSDS/SDS through MSDSonline® on our "Facilities Resources" page.
- We provide for the recycling and disposal of universal wastes & non regulated solid
- We provide for the recovery & recycling of copper & scrap metals from construction,
demolition and renewal efforts on campus.
- We offer the depressurization & recycling of aluminum spray-cans.
Our Campus Location
The Facilities Center is located on the westernmost end of Lot L. Our campus street
address is: 2929A Gorman Drive.
We are designated as building # 27 on the UD campus map.
Standard Hours of Operation: Monday-Friday 7:30 am to 4:00 pm
During the spring & fall semesters Custodial Services will have personnel on campus
until 8:00 pm, & Technical Services will have a technician on duty until 7:00 pm.
For requests after standard business hours see the "After Hours Requests" page.