The Fitness Center (F.C.) provides 3,000 square feet of state of the art Life Fitness,
Cybex and free-weight equipment. Designed with a variety of fitness and wellness
levels, the Fitness Center's facilities offer something for every individual. Whether
you stay in shape with strength training, cardio work, running aerobics, yoga or pick-up
basketball, the Fitness Center can accommodate you.
Hours of Operation*
|Thanksgiving Holiday: November 26-December 1
|Tuesday, November 26
||6:30 am- 7:00 pm
|Wed.-Sat., Nov. 27-30
|Sunday, December 1
||12:00 pm- 12:00 am
||6:30 am- 7:00 pm
||8:00 am-7:00 pm
* Breaks & Holidays
The University Fitness Center is open seven days a week during the normal academic
year. Hours are subject to change and may vary around holidays and breaks. There are
limited hours during Interterm, Mayterm, Summer I, and Summer II terms.
2012-2013 Closed Holidays & Breaks
- End of Spring Semester, May 17-20, 2013
(Mayterm begins May 21, 2013)
- Memorial Day, May 27, 2013
- Independence Day, July 4, 2013
- End of Summer Terms, August 17-30, 2013
- Thanksgiving Break, November 27-30, 2013
- Christmas Break, December 20, 2013-January 1, 2014
- Interterm, January 18-20, 2014
- Spring Break, March 8-15, 2014
- Easter Break, April 18-21, 2014
- End of Spring Semester, May 16-19, 2014
(Mayterm begins May 20, 2014)
- Fitness Center equipment and facility may only be used if Fitness Center staff is
- Patrons must present a valid University of Dallas ID or membership card to access
the Fitness Center. See membership information for eligibility requirements.
- Front door and emergency exit door may not be propped open.
- Emergency exits are only to be accessed in an emergency situation (no other reasons
permit opening these emergency doors). Please also refrain from performing exercises
in front of the emergency exit.
- Proper fitness attire must be worn including shirts and sneakers.
- Food is not permitted. Only beverages in a re-sealable container are allowed. No class
containers of any kind.
- Removing equipment and/or weights from the Fitness Center is not permitted.
- The Fitness Center and the University are not responsible for any items left unattended.
- To avoid injury, please utilize exercise machines and equipment for its intended use.
The Fitness Center reserves the right to ask patrons to discontinue use to avoid risk
to self, others and equipment.
- Patrons are to abide by all staff requests. All patrons and employees must comply
with instructions from the Director of Student Activities & Recreational Services
and the Office of Student Life.
Sanitation and Cleanliness
- To assist in maintaining a safe and sanitary facility, please use the towels and spray
bottles provided to wipe down equipment before and after use to help minimize the
transmission of infections, as well as to extend the life span of equipment.
- The Fitness Center strives to maintain a clean environment for patrons. We ask that
patrons help keep the Fitness Center sanitary by bringing their own towels and by
not working out when they are ill. Disinfectant and towels are available at the Sanitation
Stations for patrons to use on the equipment before and after use. The Fitness Center
is professionally cleaned once a week.