The Fitness Center (F.C.) provides 3,000 square feet of state of the art Life Fitness,
Cybex and free-weight equipment. Designed with a variety of fitness and wellness
levels, the Fitness Center's facilities offer something for every individual. Whether
you stay in shape with strength training, cardio work, running aerobics, yoga or pick-up
basketball, the Fitness Center can accommodate you.
Hours of Operation*
|Mayterm & Summer (May 21-August 10)*
* Breaks & Holidays
The University Fitness Center is open seven days a week during the normal academic
year. Hours are subject to change and may vary around holidays and breaks. There are
limited hours during Interterm, Mayterm, Summer I, and Summer II terms.
2012-2013 Closed Holidays & Breaks
- End of Spring Semester, May 17-20, 2013
(Mayterm begins May 21, 2013)
- Memorial Day, May 27, 2013
- Independence Day, July 4, 2013
- End of Summer Terms, August 11-26, 2013
- Thanksgiving Break, November 27-30, 2013
- Christmas Break, December 20, 2013-January 1, 2014
- Interterm, January 18-20, 2014
- Spring Break, March 8-15, 2014
- Easter Break, April 18-21, 2014
- End of Spring Semester, May 16-19, 2014
(Mayterm begins May 20, 2014)
- No one may work out if a F.C. employee is not present.
- No one may work out without a valid University ID or membership card.
- Front door and fire exit door may not be propped open.
- No one may exit or enter through the fire exit door, except in the event of a fire.
- No one may misuse the equipment or use the equipment in a manner that is deemed hazardous
to themselves or others.
- All patrons must follow all instructions of the F.C. employees. The F.C. workers have
the right to ask a patron to leave if they are misusing the equipment, damaging the
equipment, or behaving dangerously. If asked to leave the patron must comply.
- All patrons and employees must comply with instructions from the Director of Student
Activities & Recreational Services and the Dean of Student Life.
Sanitation and Cleanliness
The F.C. strives to maintain a clean environment for patrons. We ask that patrons
help keep the F.C. sanitary by bringing their own towels and by not working out when
they are ill. Disinfectant spray and towels are available at the front desk for patrons
to use on the equipment before and after use. The F.C. is also professionally cleaned
once a week.