Personal or Sexual Violence
Statement of Policy
The University at Dallas is committed to maintaining an educational environment which
is supportive of its primary educational mission and free from all exploitation and
intimidation. The university will not tolerate any form of sexual assault, rape,
acquaintance rape, dating violence, domestic violence, stalking or any other form
of non-consensual sexual activity. Additionally, the University of Dallas is committed
to promoting an environment which leads to awareness and prevention of such offenses..
Purpose of the Policy
The policy procedures outlined on this page are designed to achieve the following
- Provide prompt and compassionate support services.
- Provide a comprehensive framework in which the needs and decisions of all parties
concerned are central in determining further administrative responses and assistance.
- Create a campus environment that both facilitates and expedites the prompt reporting
of sexual violence, and stalking, dating violence and domestic violence ("collectively
referred to as "relationship violence").
- Cultivate a climate of community empowerment and education in which behaviors that
contribute to sexual and relationship violence are not tolerated.
- Ensure that immediate and appropriate steps are followed when sexual and/or relationship
violence are reported.
- Establish prompt and effective actions that are reasonably calculated to end sexual
violence, eliminate a hostile environment, prevent its recurrence, and, as appropriate
remedy the effects of sexual and relationship violence.
- Protect the rights of the Reporting Party, the Accused Party, and other parties involved
in or affected by the case.
Scope of the Policy
This Policy applies to all behavior in which the Reporting Party is a Student. In
the event the Accused Party is no longer subject to university policy, the Reporting
Party will be referred to local law enforcement. In the event the Accused Party is
faculty, staff, or a non-University affiliated party, the reporting procedures and
resources are the same as set forth in this Policy, but the University's investigation
will be referred to the Office of Human Resources and conducted pursuant to the Sexual
The University of Dallas will adhere to the law--as described by the penal code Title
5, Chapter 22, Section 22 of the state of Texas--when determining assault.
Texas Penal Code Title 5: Offenses Against The Person, Chapter 22: Assaultive Offenses