Please keep the following information in mind when making arrangements for your student to leave campus at the end of the Spring semester.
All residential areas on the Irving campus close at 10:00 a.m. on Friday, May 17th. This information is posted on the UD web site, in the Undergraduate Student Handbook, in the General Bulletin and on the annual housing contracts.
The only exceptions allowed are approved formal requests for:
• Residents who have requested housing for Mayterm AND ARE ON STANDBY to relocate to or remain in The New Hall due to Mayterm class registration;
• Residents who have applied for summer student worker housing;
• Verified late departures due to graduation support services;
• Siblings of graduating seniors who have requested an extension;
• Formal requests for paid late departure.
Residents are required to complete the online 'Check-Out' form immediately prior to departure from campus. Failure to submit the online 'Check-Out' form by the 10:00 a.m. Friday, May 17, deadline (unless authorized to remain until a different date) will result in a $50 'Improper Check-Out' fine along with any other potential fines resulting from unauthorized late departure, non-return of keys, trashed rooms, damaged and/or missing furniture, abandoned clothing, furniture, appliances and furnishings, etc. Keep in mind the results of the online check-out WILL BE VERIFIED by a pro-staff member after your student's departure. Your student will be notified and given this link several times before the actual check-out date.
Click on the link below to view the list of additional possible check fines.
Additional questions regarding the 'Check-Out' process may be directed to the Office of Student Life at 972.721.5323.