Beta Gamma Sigma
Membership in Beta Gamma Sigma provides lifetime recognition for students of business
and management in schools accredited by AACSB International. It is the highest recognition a student anywhere in the world
can receive in a program accredited by AACSB International. Simply put, members elected
to Beta Gamma Sigma are truly the “Best in Business."
How do you qualify for membership in Beta Gamma Sigma?
Membership invitations into Beta Gamma Sigma are very limited. You can be invited
in two ways:
- You are an undergraduate business major and have completed at least 60 credit hours,
with 45 at University of Dallas and 15 hours in courses in the Gupta College of Business,
hold a grade point average ranking you in the top 10% of all undergraduate students
in the GCOB, and have no academic dishonesty issues.
- You are an MS or MBA student at the start of your semester of anticipated graduation,
with a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.9, rank in the top 20% of your
graduating class, and have no academic dishonesty issues.
Do I contact University of Dallas, or do they contact me about becoming a member?
The chapter advisor will contact you during the semester if you meet the above qualifications.
You can decide at that time if you wish to join Beta Gamma Sigma by submitting the
one-time life time fee.
What are the benefits to me?
Membership in Beta Gamma Sigma tells two important things to colleagues, current and
prospective employers and potential future graduate programs. First, you graduated
from an AACSB accredited institution, and only 5% of all business schools worldwide
qualifying for such accreditation. Second, you graduated in the top of your undergraduate
or graduate school business class.
Student Leadership Conference
Each year, a senior business major who is a Beta Gamma Sigma member is invited to
attend a four day Business Leadership Conference with students from hundreds of colleges
and universities around the world. Past UD invitees have attended conferences across
the US, including Orlando, San Diego and San Antonio.
At each induction ceremony at University of Dallas, one or two Gupta College of Business
alumni are recognized with the chapter honoree award. The requirements for the chapter
honoree award are:
- Achieving distinction primarily in business and administration
- Holding the ideals of Beta Gamma Sigma
- A graduate of the University of Dallas Satish & Yasmin Gupta College of Business.
Past honorees with titles and affiliations at the time of the induction:
- Satish Gupta - UD MBA 1981, President and CEO, SB International
- Yasmin Gupta - UD MBA 1982, Director and Vice President, SB International
- Dr. Rodney Williams - UD MBA 2005, Vice President, International Association of Venue
- Cedric Burgher - UD MBA 1984, CFO, QR Energy, LP
- Ronald Powell - UD MBA 1997, CEO, Atlantic Health Trust
- Dr. Irving Prengler - UD MBA 2000, Executive Vice President, Baylor White Scott -
- Steve Cobb - UD MBA 1992, President and CEO, Pierpont Lamont, LLC
- Brian Foley - UD MBA 1992, Senior Vice President - Chief Credit Officer, Comerica
- Mark Teresa – UD MBA 1982, CFO, Baylor Scott and White of North Texas
Beta Gamma Sigma International Awards
Each year, University of Dallas nominates two of its alumni to the Beta Gamma Sigma
International Awards. Each of these awards are given on an international basis to
individuals with a distinguished career in business and also a significant contribution
to their community.
Past nominees with titles and affiliations at the time of the induction:
- Sonia Kirkpatrick – UD MBA 2010, Founder and CEO, PediaPlex, LLC (Entrepreneurship)
- Doug Lattner – UD MBA 1975, CEO, Deloitte Consulting (Business Achievement Award)
- Dr. John Boyd - UD MBA 2000, President and Chief Medical Officer, McLane Children's
Hospital and Clinics (Business Achievement Award)
- Gail Warrior - UD MBA 1997, CEO, Warrior Group (Entrepreneurship)
- Heather Kreager - UD MBA 2000, CEO, Sammons Industries (Business Achievement Award)
- John Madden - UD MBA 2001, Managing Partner and President, Sequel Holdings (Entrepreneurship)