Practical Leadership Digital Badge
Earners of this badge gain an understanding of how to apply leadership concepts and
acquire skills that can be utilized in their role as leaders. A focus on leadership
behaviors, team building, communication, coaching, managing conflict, collaboration,
situational leadership, and building relationships combined with a series of self-assessments
brings together a comprehensive learning experience for anyone wanting to become a
more effective leader. This badge was created by University of Dallas faculty for
the City of Irving Police Department.
Any search on the internet will provide you with hundreds of results on leadership,
leadership styles, workshops, and much more. It can be hard to know where to begin
and who to trust. We have developed a four-month training program that allows current
leaders, emerging leaders, and aspiring leaders a place to start their leadership
journey. Students will work directly with University of Dallas Faculty to:
- Develop a personal development plan,
- Gain self-awareness of their leadership style,
- Learn about their style's strengths and weaknesses,
- Effectively utilize their newly gained knowledge to engage effectively with their
- Create an environment where their teams thrive and flourish.
For complete program details, click here.
Leadership Practices; Self-Awareness; Team Building; Effective Communication; Coaching;
Collaboration; Conflict Resolution; Relationship Building; Delegation
Earning the Badge
- Successful completion of the Practical Leadership program modules created for the
Irving Police Department. Require attendance at all in-person training sessions, completion
program's of interim assignments, and creation of a Personal Development Plan. (1)
Transition to Leadership, (2) Discover Your Strengths, (3) Situational Leadership,
(4) Leading Successful Teams, (5) Collaboration / Conflict Management, (6) Maximizing
Relationships, (7) Coaching Skills, and (8) Action Planning & Closing.
- Creation of a Personal Development Plan, to be reviewed with supervisor upon completion
- Participation in on-line threaded discussions, as well as completion of required reading
assignments and self-assessments.
The badge will be issued by the University of Dallas.
To see badge information, click here.
Have questions or want to speak to a person? Contact us at UDExecutiveEd@udallas.edu or 972-721-5299.