Inspiring Future Business Leaders
The Texas Business Hall of Fame award recognizes future business leaders pursuing
a degree at a Texas higher education. This year, the Foundation will award scholarships of $15,000 each to students at 25
participating universities across the state. In previous years, three UD students
have been selected. The focus of the program is to encourage students who demonstrate business leadership
and entrepreneurial spirit to apply. Applicants should have varied educational and
career backgrounds, with an interest in entrepreneurship, who will make an impact
to Texas business throughout their careers.
Past TBHF Recipients
- 2020: Christina Fote (MBA); Isaiah Hayes, BA '20; Edisson Ramos, BA '20.
- 2019: Jasmine Adams ( BA Business); Sandra Bechem, MS '19; Cesar Cedillos, DBA '19.
- Complete the TBHF Scholarship Application.
- Answer a one page narrative prompt:
How have you demonstrated entrepreneurial spirit and business leadership, what are
your future goals, and why do you plan to pursue a career specifically in Texas?
- Provide a resume (no more than two pages).
- Submit a high-resolution, full-color professional headshot (JPG).
Submit completed application and supporting documents to Sharon Gibbs via email to email@example.com by 5 pm on February 26, 2021.UD will provide letter of reference and a copy of your transcript at the time of your
Eligibility: Students who demonstrate the following are encourage to apply.
- Exhibits entrepreneurial aspirations and demonstrates a propensity for leadership
- Is studying at an institution of higher learning in Texas, and enrolled in or associated
with a business or entrepreneurship program in Spring and Fall 2021, taking at least
6 hours in each semester.
- Exhibits leadership traits in academic, campus and community activities.
- Good academic credentials (3.0 or above preferred, with a strong affinity for entrepreneurship).
- Graduate students preferred, exceptions made for high-quality undergraduate students.
- Able to attend the Annual Scholarship Luncheon and Induction Dinner (both occur on
October 28, 2021 in Dallas; attendance is required to receive award).