The University of Dallas offers 4+1 programs in which students can earn both their
bachelor’s and their master’s degrees in as few as five years.
Business 4+1 Programs:
For the Master of Business Administration (MBA) or any of the Master of Science (M.S.)
degree 4+1 programs, you should apply in your junior or senior year, then take graduate-level
courses while completing your Bachelor of Arts (B.A.). The graduate credits are in
addition to the 120 credits required for graduation with the B.A. Upon graduating
with a B.A. and a GPA of 3.0 in the last 60 hours, you would continue in the MBA or
Liberal Arts 4+1 Programs
The 4+1 program enables you to take up to two graduate courses and complete your graduate
program language requirement* during your senior year at UD, giving you a head-start on your master's degree.
*You must earn a grade of B or higher in your 3000-level foreign language courses (M.A.
- Master of Arts (M.A.) in English
Contact: Steven Stryer, D. Phil., Master's Program Director
- Master of Arts (M.A.) in Philosophy
Contact: Chad Engelland, Ph.D., Master's Program Director
- Master of Arts (M.A.) in Teaching
Contact: Janette Boazman, Ph.D., Education Graduate Director
- Master of Psychology (M.Psy.)
Master of Arts in Psychology (M.A.)
Contact: Gilbert Garza, Ph.D., Psychology Graduate Director
- Master of Science (M.S.) in Materials Science and Engineering (MSE)
Master of Engineering (M. ENGR) in MSE
Contact: Jacob Moldenhauer , Ph.D., Director
- Master of Theology (M.Th.)
Master of Arts in Theology (M.A.)
Contact: Ron Rombs, Ph.D., Theology Chairman and Master's Graduate Director
To get started...
- During your junior year:
- Speak with your academic advisor to find out when and how to apply to the 4+1 Program.
- Contact the graduate director/chairman of your program of interest to ensure that
degree requirements can be met.
- Complete the 4+1 form (obtain and return to the Registrar's Office) so that you will be able to register
for a graduate level course during your senior Fall and Spring terms.
- During your senior Spring term, submit a completed application to the Braniff Graduate School. The application fee
and GRE are both waived for currently enrolled, UD undergraduate students!
Braniff Graduate School Application Instructions >>