COVID-19 Library Update:
To ensure the safety and health of our students and staff alike, the following policies
are being implemented for the Clodfelter Library for the Fall 2020 semester:
- At this time, to ensure the safety of everyone involved, we are allowing students
to enter the library space to browse for books BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. Students remain
free to check out materials from our library, but must either a) find what they are
looking for in our catalog online (see instructions below for doing that) and email
the department at firstname.lastname@example.org to say what materials they want and when they want to pick them up, or b) email the
department at the same address to schedule an appointment. Students MUST sanitize
their hands BEFORE and AFTER entering the library.
- At this time, students will NOT be allowed to use the library as a study or work space.
- To try and keep any materials checked out circulating within the UD community only,
we will NOT allow anyone who is not a UD student or employee to check out materials
from our library.
- Please return materials through the return slot in the library door. This can be done
any time, whether the Department office is open or closed.
To search the catalog for the Clodfelter library remotely:
- Go to the Cowan-Blakley Memorial Library catalog page here.
- Click “Advanced Search” to the right of the big “Search” button near the top of the
- On the Advanced Search page, click the “Library” dropdown menu.
- Select “Education Department” on the menu.
- You are ready to search our catalog!
Dr. Cherie A Clodfelter Children's Literature Library
Named for the distinguished Chairman of the Department of Education, the 12,000 volume
Clodfelter Children’s Library houses books for children and young adults. Among these
are approximately 600 volumes authored by university students. The Department also
maintains a Curriculum Library that supplements the volumes in the Cowan-Blakley Memorial
Library. The collection includes state adopted textbooks and professional volumes
in elementary and secondary school curricula.
Clodfelter Library Fiction Section
Clodfelter Library Non-Fiction Section
Clodfelter Library Collections
Clodfelter Library Work Spaces
Library Rules & Expectations
- Location & Hours
- The Library is located within the offices of the Education Department, on the Lower
Level of Braniff Graduate Building.
- The Library is open from 9:00 am - 5:00 pm Monday-Friday.
- Check Out:
- Students, faculty, and staff of the University of Dallas may check out books from
the library using their Univeristy ID.
- Up to five (5) books may be checked out at a time.
- Books may be checked out for two (2) weeks at a time.
- Books may be renewed up to three (3) times.
- Overdue & Lost Books:
- A fine of twenty-five cents (¢25) per book per day will be charged for overdue books.
- A replacement fee of forty dollars ($45.00) for books or one-hundred and fifty dollars
($150.00) for reference books will be charged for lost books.
- A hold will be placed on any library account with overdue fines or fees.
- Guests are welcome to use the library. If not currently enrolled at or employed by
the University of Dallas, guests must have either a Guest Card or a TexShare Card.
- For more information about a TexShare Card please visit the TexShare Card Program
- Guest Cards are only available for alumni of the University of Dallas. Please contact
the Cowan Blakely Library for more information.