All - Level Certification Program (Grades EC-12): Art, Theater Arts (Drama), and LOTE
(Languages Other than English, French, German, Latin, and Spanish)
To be recommended by the University of Dallas for Texas EC-12 Certification, candidates
must show evidence of the following:
1) Bachelor's Degree with at least 24 hours of teaching field courses, 18 upper division,
with an overall grade point average of 2.75 (on a 4.0 scale) and a 2.75 in pedagogical
and teaching field courses.
2) General education courses-6 hours in English required-12 recommended; 3 hours in
math, college algebra or above; 3-4 in laboratory science; 6 hours in history, 3 of
which must be American; 3 hours in American Government.
3) Complete: Edu 3102, 3111, 3305, 3322, 3327, 3328, 3335, 4149, 4849, 5351, 5352,
and at least one semester of Reflective Teaching (Edu 3147 or 3148), plus Edu 4346.
4) Pass the comprehensive examinations in Education.
5) Pass appropriate TExES.
6) Complete placement file and teaching portfolio.
N. B. The Department of Education complies with the Texas state certification requirements
as set by the State Board of Educator Certification. At the time of this publication,
the requirements are accurate; however, requirements may change to reflect new state