Pure Mathematics Concentration
The concentration provides a coherent set of courses for students interested in mathematics,
short of a major, in areas distinct from those of applied mathematics.
The concentration consists of five mathematics classes (fifteen credits): Math 3310
(Linear Algebra), Math 3321 (Linear Point Set Theory); two of Math 4332 (Abstract
Algebra I), Math 4334 (Topology), or Math 4341 (Analysis I); and a fifth class, selected
from the following list:
- MAT 3320 Foundations of Geometry
- MAT 3322 History and Philosophy of Mathematics
- MAT 3331 Number Theory
- MAT 4332 or 4333 Abstract Algebra I or II
- MAT 4334 Topology
- MAT 4341 or 4342 Analysis I or II
- MAT 4V43/4V44 Research Hours
- Courses as approved by the department.