Cowan - Blakley Memorial Library Guest Use Policy
The University of Dallas Cowan-Blakley Memorial Library welcomes guests into the library
at any time during regular hours. Guests are expected to abide by the following rules.
- We do not require an ID to enter the library at any time. However, identification
must be provided if requested by library faculty, staff, or the University of Dallas
- There are currently 7 public access computers for public use. These computers are
shared with both public patrons and UD affiliated students. During times of heavy
use, students will receive top priority which may delay use by public patrons.
- Printing from the public use computers is $0.10 per page. The only forms of payment
are cash and check. Patrons who do not pay will not receive copies. No exceptions.
- A book scanner is available for use for library materials and other documents. Saving
and emailing scanned materials is available free of charge. Materials printed are
$0.10 per page. Public patrons may use this scanner for no more than 30 minutes per day.
- The primary mission of the Cowan-Blakley Memorial Library is to support the students,
faculty, and staff of the University of Dallas. Librarians are happy to help public
patrons with basic research questions. Reference assistance requiring more than 15 minutes per day will not be available
to public patrons; these queries should be directed to your local public library.
- First and foremost, the library is a place for collaboration and study for University
students, faculty, and staff. Loud conversations or phone calls should be taken into
- It is expected that all library faculty and staff, student workers, and other library
patrons be treated courteously and respectfully.
The Cowan-Blakley Memorial Library reserves the right to refuse service to any public
patron who does not abide by this policy. This can include a temporary or permanent ban from the library and/or the University
of Dallas campus.
Questions about this policy should be directed to Cherie Hohertz, Dean of University
of Libraries and Research, at email@example.com or 972-721-5040.