Rev. Madden obtained his Ph.D. in biblical studies from The Catholic University of
America in Washington, DC; he also holds several master's degrees from across the
- Ph.D., Biblical Studies, The Catholic University of America, Washington, D.C.
- M.A., Latin, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
- M.A., Liturgy, University of Notre Dame, South Bend, IN
- M.Div., St. Meinrad School of Theology, St. Meinrad, IN
- B.A., Philosophy, St. Joseph Seminary College, Covington, LA
- Sabbatical: Hebrew & Arabic studies, The Catholic University of America, Washington,
- Certificate in Modern Hebrew, Ulpan Akiva, Kitah Daleth, Netanya, Israel
- Certificate in Modern Hebrew, Linguaphone Institute, London, England
- University of Dallas: Adjunct Professor, IRPS & School of Ministry, 2003-present
- Loyola University: Adjunct Faculty, Institute for Ministry, 2003-present
- Diocese of Shreveport:
- Director, Greco Institute, 2002-present
- Adjunct Instructor, 1982-1990, 1998-2002
- St. Mary's Seminary and University: Assistant Professor of Scripture, 1995-1998
- Associate Pastor, various churches, Diocese of Alexandria-Shreveport, 1974-1982, 1998-2002
- Campus Minister, ULM, Monroe, LA, 1998-2002
- Hospital Chaplain, LSU Medical Center, Shreveport, LA, 1988-1990
- Hospital Chaplain, St. Francis Cabrini Hospital, Alexandria, LA, 1982-1987
- Eleven articles in Homily Service published by The Liturgical Conference from 1998 to 2002.
- Jesus' Walking on the Sea: An Investigation of the Origin of the Narrative Account. BZNW Volume 81. Berlin: de Gruyter, January 1997.
- "The Role of the Christian Community in the Process of Initiation according to the
RCIA." Emmanuel 86 (1980) 79-86.
- "A Hermeneutic of Ephesians 5." Resonance 8 (1975) 72-80.