Top 10 reasons to promote and attend the UD Ministry Conference
1. REGISTRATION PROVIDES ACCESS TO ALL THREE DAYS OF THE CONFERENCE
The 2015 ministry conference will include 39 sessions over 5 periods on Thursday afternoon
and evening. This extra day is included in the registration rate, so attendees can
enjoy the entire conference or pick the days that are the most convenient for them,
especially if they are parish volunteers who work during the day.
2. CHOOSE FROM ELEVEN TRACKS OFFERED THROUGHOUT THE CONFERENCE
The conference will feature eleven tracks with topics relevant to catechetical formation,
ministry of deacons, social justice issues, family life, youth ministry and more.
3. TWO NEW TRACKS WILL BE OFFERED
- COMMUNITY PASTORAL CARE - This track will offer useful sessions for those involved
in Pastoral Care Ministry.
- JUSTICE AND SOCIAL MINISTRY - This track will offer formation in Catholic Social Teaching
as well as practical suggestions of how to implement or expand outreach ministries
to the community.
4. EXPANDED SCHEDULE ON THURSDAY WITH AN EARLIER START
Our expanded schedule allows for the offering of session tracks in Catholic Management
& Leadership, Diaconal Ministry, Liturgy, Sacraments & Music Ministry and the use
5. A NEW VENUE WITH A BIGGER EXHIBIT HALL - OVER 112,000 SQUARE FEET OF SPACE
The move to the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center Dallas allows space for even
more Catholic exhibitors. For one weekend every year, Catholic publishing companies,
bookstores, and service organizations from around the country come together in DFW
at the UDMC Exhibit Hall. Take this opportunity to discover new, educational and faith-based
resources for your parish and family, or to do some early Christmas shopping.
6. A UNIQUE AND POWERFUL OPPORTUNITY TO JOIN IN PRAYER AND FELLOWSHIP WITH CATHOLICS
FROM AROUND THE DIOCESES AND BEYOND
Join the Most Rev. Bishop Kevin Farrell, Bishop of Dallas, priests, deacons and 5,500
plus lay faithful at the Conference Eucharist on Friday morning.
7. OUR 100+ NATIONALLY AND LOCALLY RECOGNIZED SPEAKERS
UDMC strives to combine practical workshops by local ministry professionals and teachers
with powerful, relevant sessions by national experts on Catholic education and ministry.
This format creates a comprehensive opportunity to gain insight about your faith as
well as practical skills you can apply to your ministry tomorrow.
8. A LARGER VENUE WITH MORE SESSION ROOMS – UP TO 19 SESSIONS OFFERED AT ONCE
With 14 periods offering over 200 sessions during the 3 days, the UDMC offers sessions
for everyone, from ministry professionals, priests, deacons, catechists, parish volunteers
to Catholics in the pew.
9. THE VALUE FOR THE MONEY - ATTEND OVER 17 HOURS OF SESSIONS FOR ONLY $75*!
UDMC offers more value for your money than most other educational and ministry conferences
in the U.S. If you attend a session every period, you will gain more than 17 hours
of education over 3 days for less than $80.
10. JOIN US AS WE WELCOME KEYNOTE SPEAKER JOHN ALLEN TO THE 9TH ANNUAL UNIVERSITY
OF DALLAS MINISTRY CONFERENCE
John L. Allen Jr. is associate editor of The Boston Globe after 16 years as the prize-winning
Senior Correspondent for the National Catholic Reporter. He also serves as the Senior
Vatican Analyst for CNN. He’s the author of seven best-selling books on the Vatican
and Catholic affairs, and writes frequently on the Church for major national and international
publications. He’s also a popular speaker on Catholic affairs, both in the United
States and abroad.