5 Things You Need to Know About North Texas Giving Day
Date published: Sept. 20, 2016
On Thursday, Sept. 22, people from across the U.S. (and, for that matter, the world)
can come together to support North Texas nonprofits on the eighth annual North Texas Giving Day. Here are five things you need to know about this momentous day.
- For the past three years, UD has had more gifts made on North Texas Giving Day than any other North Texas college or university. Last year, we raised more than
$106,000 through 394 gifts — more than twice the number of gifts received by any other
college or university in the region.
- Each year on North Texas Giving Day, UD is able to raise 10 percent of our annual unrestricted need (basically, the funds
that are available for whatever they’re most needed for, from student scholarships
to faculty development).
- This is a big one: We have a generous donor couple, parents of two UD alumni, who will donate $60,000
in honor of UD’s 60th anniversary once we have received $100,000.
- In order to qualify for bonus funds from the Communities Foundation of Texas, your
gift must be $25 or more and must be made through UD’s page on northtexasgivingday.org between the hours of 6 a.m. and midnight on Thursday, Sept. 22, 2016.
- Throughout the day, we’ve set up some fun challenges to applaud your support. Be sure
to tune in to UD’s alumni Facebook page periodically to watch students, faculty and staff celebrate you and your generosity.
Let’s get up and give!