UD Clinches Top-Shelf Awards
Three Advertising Awards in Higher Education Showcase Excellence
Date Published: July 28, 2017
The University of Dallas recently received several marketing and journalism awards
from the 32nd Educational Advertising Awards — the largest, oldest and most respected
competition for advertising in higher education — and the Catholic Press Association.
“What an honor it is for the university’s alumni magazine to receive such recognition
from the Catholic Press Association and the Educational Advertising Awards,” said
Erin Dougherty, executive director of alumni relations and annual giving. “These awards
represent the culmination of aligned efforts and hard work put forth by our marketing
and communications team. We are so proud of the fine magazine they produce for the
university with every issue.”
This year marks the first time the university has been recognized with the following
awards in each respective category:
Catholic Press Awards
For more than 200 years the Catholic Press Association has brought together some of
the industry’s leading professionals in Catholic media, honoring excellence in journalism
throughout the country with its annual press awards.
- The 2017 winter edition of Tower (”Tradition and Transformation”) earned honorable
mention in “Alumni Magazine of the Year.”
- View the complete list of winners in the 2017 Catholic Press Awards here.
Educational Advertising Awards
The Education Advertising Awards, sponsored by the Higher Education Marketing Report,
received over 2,250 entries from over 1,000 colleges, universities and secondary schools
throughout the nation, including several foreign countries.
- The 2017 winter edition of Tower received a merit of recognition in the competition’s external publication category.
- The Satish & Yasmin Gupta College of Business claimed gold in the single radio spot category, as the school recorded its largest enrollment of graduate students in nearly a decade
thanks in part to the 2016 radio campaign — “Power. Speed. Dreams.”
- The Braniff Graduate School of Liberal Arts earned bronze in the special video category with its recruitment video — “Join the Renaissance” — which debuted at last year’s sold-out McDermott Lecture featuring U.S. Gen. Colin
Powell (Ret.). The school’s campaign video revitalized the importance of the liberal
arts in celebration of 50 years of graduate education at the university.
- View the full list of winners in the 32nd Annual Educational Advertising Awards here.
Higher education media professionals from across the country have routinely seen the
University of Dallas competing side by side with their institutions in national competitions.
Throughout the past five years, the university has added two Council for Advancement
and Support of Education (CASE) awards, three Educational Digital Marketing Awards,
three Educational Advertising Awards and the first Catholic Press Award in more than
Whether in professional competition or conferences geared towards other media professionals,
the University of Dallas is widely known and respected for its excellence in marketing