5 Things to Know About North Texas Giving Day
Date Published: Aug. 31, 2020
As our students begin another academic year both in Irving and in Rome, we are reminded
of the generosity of our UD community. During these days of uncertainty, economic
hardship and social distancing, when we feel the need for connection more than ever
before, the opportunity to rally, support and bolster your beloved UD is just around
Here are the top five things you need to know about this year’s annual North Texas
Giving Day (NTGD), organized by the Communities Foundation of Texas (CFT):
- While NTGD will take place on Thursday, Sept. 17, 2020, scheduled giving begins on
Tuesday, Sept. 1 — so mark your calendars, and help spread the word!
- Nearly all students at UD receive a form of scholarship assistance. With this year’s students and families in need of often sudden financial relief,
scholarship dollars are all the more crucial. The General Scholarship Fund helps provide
immediate and flexible funds to meet the tuition needs of our students.
- Help us reach this year’s goal of $150,000! Last year, UD received more individual gifts (431) than any other North Texas university
— reclaiming our unofficial title as “the most generous university community” — for
the seventh year. Thanks to our kindhearted community, UD raised $101,512 in 2019,
including over $3,000 in bonus matching funds. UD also placed fourth in the school
category for most funds raised, for which the university received an additional $1,000
- To further encourage UD’s tradition of giving, UD Board of Trustees member Nick Serafy Jr. is offering a $50,000 match once UD has raised $150,0000. Receiving such a matching donation would raise this year’s total to $200,000, doubling
last year’s impact.
- Visit northtexasgivingday.org/university-of-dallas to support UD between Sept. 1 and Sept. 17!
Help ensure our students continue experiencing the transformative liberal arts education
that UD offers, preparing them for a life well lived. From professor and CEO to mother,
father or priest, a UD education ennobles and enables those who encounter it. Support. Award. Achieve!
The CFT is the largest community foundation in Texas, which first launched NTGD in
2009 to serve as a hub connecting local donors with nonprofits. NTGD is the largest
community-wide giving event in the nation.