Share your news with us and...the world.
The Office of Marketing & Communications wants to help publicize your news both within
and outside the campus community. Please complete the form below to share information
and ideas for potential media coverage and for the university’s online and/or magazine
news articles. While we understand that many activities and programs are interesting,
important and warrant attention, we cannot guarantee publicity or coverage. We will,
however, guarantee careful consideration of every submission.
What makes a good story?
Perhaps the best and most honest answer is simply whatever attracts the attention
and curiosity of reporters and editors at any given time. Some key elements to attracting
their attention include:
- Uniqueness — Being the first or only organization in the city, region or nation to develop and
offer a program or course, host a high profile speaker, conduct one-of-a-kind research, etc.
- Numbers — The story must have the potential to affect or interest large numbers of people.
- Timeliness — The more recent the event or occurrence, the better.
- Significance — Is your potential story considered noteworthy by experts or does it provide a local
angle to a national topic in the news?
- Human Interest — Hearing the story from a “real” person, one who experienced it, typically carries
more weight than university spokespersons or experts commenting on the story.