Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Which Facilities Department phone number should I call for service?
- A: (972) 721-5296.
Q: How do I request service from Facilities?
- A: Submit a work request. For special events, set up's, or moves we require forty eight
(48) to seventy two (72) business hours advance notice. Late or last minute requests
are not guaranteed completion due to prior reservation of venue or equipment.
- A: Click HERE to submit an online work request.
Q: Is a work request mandatory?
- A: Yes. If you ask us to do something for you, we need a work request to track the work.
Q: How much time does it take Facilities to respond to a work request?
- A: Craft Managers are responsible for the order (queue) in which requests are assigned;
most requests are completed within 24 hours or less depending on the time of year,
craft workload, & campus scheduled events.
Q: What do I do if I have a pest control issue?
- A: The licensed pest control applicator visits campus every Tuesday. Please submit
a work request at least 48 business hours in advance of each Tuesday.
Q: Who do I contact if I have a climate control complaint?
- A: Contact the work order desk at extension 5296.
Q: Is my department charged if I request an event set up?
- A: That may depend on whether or not your event is university sanctioned, Authorized
(sanctioned) events that are directly related to the university and its students are
usually not billed.
- A: If the event is hosted by an off-campus (non-university related, non-student, non-sanctioned)
entity that wishes to rent university facilities, then yes charges do incur.
- A: Kelly O'Neal is the Conferencing & Events Coordinator; she should be contacted first
to reserve campus venues. Her number is (972)721-5123. Sandy Morgan of the Registrar's
Office (972)721-5221 should be contacted to reserve classroom space.
Q: What if I have a complaint regarding the service I've received from Facilities?
- A: If you are unsatisfied regarding the service you receive from your Facilities Department
contact Facilities Director Jerry Haba at (972) 721-5018.