The CTMS Scholarship is made possible thanks to a donation from the Center for Thomas
More Studies (CTMS).
This scholarship will be awarded to one eligible student as funds are available.
The following are requirements for the CTMS Scholarship, which will be awarded starting
- Must be a Braniff Graduate Student in a Master's program
- Student has a 3.5 GPA or higher
- Student has financial need as determined by the Office of Financial Aid
- Student is a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident
- Student must have a proven interest in Thomas More’s writings
Qualified students can apply each year in November by submitting a letter of application,
a resume, a transcript, and a statement answering the following question(s): "Which of Thomas More's writings are most in need of further study and why? What aspects
of his thinking are most valuable to study today?" Send these to the English Department, c/o Dr. Gerard Wegemer.
Statements will be reviewed by a committee of Braniff Professors and selections will
be sent to the Director of Financial Aid for approval.
Students will be notified via email. Scholarships funds can be applied to required
UD tuition and fees.
Deadline for application: November 30, 2019.