Supporting First-Generation College Students
- Applicants must be current, full-time undergraduate University of Dallas students.
- Applicants must be eligible for a Pell Grant for the 2023-24 aid year or have an EFC
equivalent to Pell Grant eligibility with submission of a 2023-2024 TASFA.
- Applicants must be first-generation college students; defined as a student whose parent(s)/legal
guardian(s) have not completed a bachelor's degree.
- Applicants must have either been born in Texas or be current Texas residents.
Eligibility for this spring scholarship is open only to those students who are not
already receiving a Constantin Foundation Scholarship for academic year 2023/2024.
In addition to the qualifications above, the student must complete the following steps
to apply for this scholarship:
- By Monday, November 6th at 5:00 pm, sign up to participate in First Gen Small Groups.
- By Monday, November 6th at 5:00pm, accept the email invitation you have received to
sign up for a FREE Optimal Work Premium Subscription and complete the inventory you are prompted to complete on the
Optimal Work Website.
- Between now and Wednesday, November 15th, attend and document attendance at at least three Small Group activities (including Study Halls).
- Between now and Wednesday, November 15th, complete the first four MasterClass lessons of the Optimal Work Premium Subscription you signed up for..
- After you have completed the above steps, complete the application below which includes submission of a 300-word essay in which you reflect on your experience
with Small Groups and Optimal Work. Please upload your essay within the application form using either Word or pdf format.
The deadline to submit the application and essay is by 11:59 pm CST on Wednesday,
November 22, 2023.
Completing these tasks will count as your application for Scholarship Funding from
the Constantin Foundation for the Spring of 2024, with the understanding that you
will continue as a First Gen Small Group Participant throughout the academic year.
Eligibility for this scholarship is open only to those students who are not already
receiving a Constantin Foundation Scholarship for academic year 2023/2024.
All steps must be completed and applications must be received by 11:59 pm CST on Wednesday,
November 22, 2023.