Institutional scholarships for incoming students
Click here. You will be redirected to the undergraduate scholarship page.
This includes merit awards, departmental scholarships, and more.
Study Abroad Scholarships
Outside Scholarships awarded by UD
Outside Scholarship Opportunities
These scholarships are not offered or maintained by the University. Please contact
the scholarship organization with any questions about the scholarship or website.
This list has been put together to help students begin their scholarship search and
does not include all outside scholarship opportunities.
You must report any awards received from outside UD to our office as soon as possible so that arrangements can be made for appropriate credit. To report
outside scholarships electronically, please log in to BannerWeb. Click on 1) Financial Aid, 2) Award, and 3) Award for Aid Year. Pick the applicable aid year from the drop down menu. Submit your award(s) on the Resources/Add'l Information tab.
How to Spot Scholarship Scams
Ongoing (Check website for details and deadlines)
- $1,500 Adventographer Travel Scholarship: Submit one photo you have taken.
- Air Force ROTC or Army ROTC
- Americorp Funding Opportunities
- $1,500 Autolist Used Car to Dream Car Scholarship
- Communities Foundation of Texas Scholarships
- $500 Catholic United Scholarship (opens annually Mar 1-Apr 30)
- $2,500 Compare Cards College Scholarship (expires the 14th of every month, resets the 15th)
- $10,000 Discover Student Loan Scholarships (random drawings through the year)
- $1,100 BI-ANNUAL Dolman Law Group scholarship: video essay contest
- $1,000 Don’t Text & Drive Scholarship (Mar and Sept)
- Fulbright Study Abroad Scholarships
- Funding your Computer Science Degree
- GI Bill Benefits Comparison Tool
- Gates Millenium Scholars
- $1,000 H&P Veterans Helping Veterans Scholarship
- $500 I Heart My School Scholarship
- $500 Innovation Scholarship (deadline is the 20th of every month)
- $1,000 Grade Potential Tutoring Scholarship
- Jackie Robinson Foundation (opens Nov 1; closes Feb 1 annually)
- Knights of Columbus
- $5,000 Nitro College Scholarship (multiple deadlines)
- $2,500 OppU Achievers Scholarship (End of March, June, Sept, Dec): celebrates students who transform opportunity into
- $5,000 G2 Crowd Entrepreneurial Scholarship (varies, check website): For 12 college students who exemplify an entrepreneurial
spirit and mindset
- $1,500 The Reality Medics Scholarship
- $2,500 Redfin Scholarship: Write an essay on low-cost housing
- $500 Richard West Law Office Bi-Annual Scholarship
- $2,500 (per year!) Scholarship for Latino Students: Essay for students of Hispanic heritage. 2 deadlines annually: January 31 and August
- $1,000 UncommonGoods Scholarships (July 15 & Dec 15): for qualified undergraduate art or design majors
- $500 Theater Masks Bi-annual Scholarship
- $1,000 Varsity Tutors College Scholarship Contest
- $5,000 Religious Scholars Program
- $500-$2,000 College Board Opportunity Scholarships
1st Quarter:January thru March
2nd Quarter: April thru June
3rd Quarter: July thru September
- $1,000 Rise Marketing Stem Scholarship (Aug 1, 2020): Must major in a STEM subject, fill out simple form.
- $1,000 Reedsy Creative Writing Scholarship (Feb 21 and Sept. 21): Submit a copy of the first chapter of your original, unpublished novel.
- $500 Happy Sleepy Head Scholarship (Sept 30): Create a 4-5 minute video answering given questions
- $1,000 Amy G Law Firm Access to Education Scholarship (Sept 30): An original written essay explaining the role of higher education in society and describing
the applicant’s ideas for expanding access to a wider range of demographic groups
- $1,500 CFF Foundation Scholasrhip (Mar 30, Sept 30): write an essay (up to 1500 words) focusing on one of the essay questions that is given.
- $1,000 Mark Sherman Law Juvenile Justice Scholarship (Sept 30): 500-1,000 word essay describing a rehabilitative program the student would design
for the purpose of supporting our youth and reducing jail timess
- $1,000 McCraw Law First Reponders Scholarship (Sept. 30): Dicuss the role of first repsonders in today's society in a 500-1,000
- $1,000 Texas Law Dog Animal Rescue Scholarship (Sept 30): An original essay about your relationship with a rescue animal and how it has impacted
4th Quarter:October thru December
- $1,000 Corporate Culture Scholarship (Oct 1): elaborate on your ideal culture from your future employer. You should also include
your personal background and how it’s related to the podcast episode above about the
corporate culture at Zappos.com.
- $500 Pretty Photoshop Actions Bi-Annual Scholarship (annually April 15 & Oct 15): compose an essay-style Adobe Photoshop tutorial)
- $1,000 Bookmundi's Travel the World Scholarship (Oct 15): Write a 1,000 to 1,500 word essay on a given question.
- $1,000 House Method Scholarship (Oct. 15): Submit an essay no longer than 1,000 words that answers the question: How do you hope
to improve the way people live in their homes?
- $2,000 American Muscle Scholarship (Oct 15): who you are and how you plan on using your automotive education to incite positive
change and innovation within the custom car industry
- $1,000 Reedsy Creative Writing Scholarship (Oct 21): Submit a copy of the first chapter of your original, unpublished novel.
- $3,000 Extreme Terrain Scholarship (June 30, Oct 30): 700 word essay that describes who you are, why you feel it is important to maintain
access to public lands for recreational use and how you plan to use your degree to
advocate for the recreational use of public lands
- $1,000 Responsify Empowering Others Scholarship (Oct 20): Submit a 1,000-1,500 word essay on why empowering others is so important.
- $10,000 Academic Hero Scholarship (Oct 31): submit a 500-word essay.
- $1,000 Zip Hearing Health Awareness Scholarship (Nov 1): Submit an essay on why hearing health awareness is so important to you.
- $1,250 Pusch and Nguyen College Scholarship (Nov 1): Write an essay about the reasons why people continue to drink and drive, despite the
widely used ride-share applications available today. What initiatives could be executed
to address those reasons.
- $2,000 Macrogen Next Generation Scholarship (July 1 and Dec 1): 500-700-word essay, or a video (less than 3 minutes long) on your choice of a given
- $500 Worker's Advocacy Scholarship (Nov 30): No more than 500 words describing your interest in advocating on behalf of workers
or discuss a unique experience with workers’ rights issues
- $2,500 Legal Studies Scholarship (Nov 30): Demonstrate your dedication to the study of law in 500 words or less. Tell why you're
interested in the study of law.
- $2,000 Blank Style Scholarship (Nov 30): Please submit a one thousand word essay explaining how the blankstyle.com scholarship
could help you to accomplish your goals
- $1,000 Anyplace Scholarship Program (Dec 1): Short video required to demonstrate interest in travel.
- $1,000 ZInda Law Group Scholarship (Dec 1): Applicants should be pursuing study in political science. government, or related field.
Submit a 500+ word essay that explains why you are a good canidate.
- $1,000 Larson Law Office Scholarship (Dec 1): Write a 1000-word essay describing your family and how they have influenced you to
become the person you are today.
- $1,000 Ashoori Law Good Deads Scholarship (Dec 1): Write an essay introducing yourself, explaiing an act of kindless, the impact it has
had, and how it has shaped you.
- $1,000 Anyplace Scholarship (Dec 1): Create a short video about a recent vacation experience.
- $1,000 Toscano Law Firm Scholarship (Dec 1): Please write a 1,000-word essay explaining a personal hardship or catastrophic event
that you have experienced. Did you manage to overcome the obstacle? How did you grow
from the experience?
- $2,000 SwopSmart Scholarship (Dec 14): Answer one of the given questions regarding smart phones.
- $1,250 Company.com Scholarship for Children of Small Business Owners (annually July 1 and Dec 15)
- $1,500 Caitlan Wallace Memorial Scholarship (Dec 15): Three-page essay informing people about the dangers of drinking and driving.
- $500 Midway Dog Academy Scholarship (Dec 18): Students are required to submit a 1000 word essay about a pivoltal time in your life
or about an experience that influenced your own personal development.
- $500 Pet Parents Scholarship (Dec 31): Write a 750 to 1000-word essay describing a significant experience in your life that
influenced your personal development.
- $3,000 Cupons Plus Deals Scholarship (Dec 31): upload an essay describing how you save money in your daily life.
- $1,000 NCERT Books Scholarship (Dec 31): Write an essay of 1200+ words on the topic “Tips to Help your College Student stay
on a Budget.”
- $1,000 DB Designer Schoalrship (Dec 31): Submit an essay of 1200+ words on the topic “Why everyone should know programming?”
- $1,000 Make Us Laugh Scholarship (May 31, Dec 31): Create a 3-5 minute long comedic video in which you showcase your
- $500 VIP Puppies Scholarship (Dec 31): Write an essay of 1000 words on our topic: “How Can Dog Breeders Encourage Responsible
- $1,500 CFF Foundation Scholasrhip (Mar 30, Dec 31): write an essay (up to 1500 words) focusing on one of the essay questions that is given.
- $3,000 Lakeview Health Scholarship (Dec 31): supply a 1,000 word essay regarding addiction and recovery.
- $1,000 Primitive Outpost Scholarship (Dec 31): Write an essay of 1200+ words on the topic “Some Indispensable Grooming Tips for Men"