Institutional scholarships for incoming students
Click here. You will be redirected to the undergraduate scholarship page.
This includes merit awards, departmental scholarships, and more.
Study Abroad Scholarships
Outside Scholarships awarded by UD
Outside Scholarship Opportunities
These scholarships are not offered or maintained by the University. Please contact
the scholarship organization with any questions about the scholarship or website.
This list has been put together to help students begin their scholarship search and
does not include all outside scholarship opportunities.
You must report any awards received from outside UD to our office as soon as possible so that arrangements can be made for appropriate credit. To report
outside scholarships electronically, please log in to BannerWeb. Click on 1) Financial Aid, 2) Award, and 3) Award for Aid Year. Pick the applicable aid year from the drop down menu. Submit your award(s) on the Resources/Add'l Information tab.
How to Spot Scholarship Scams
Ongoing (Check website for details and deadlines)
- $1,500 Adventographer Travel Scholarship: Submit one photo you have taken.
- Air Force ROTC or Army ROTC
- Americorp Funding Opportunities
- $1,500 Autolist Used Car to Dream Car Scholarship
- Communities Foundation of Texas Scholarships
- $500 Catholic United Scholarship (opens annually Mar 1-Apr 30)
- $2,500 Compare Cards College Scholarship (expires the 14th of every month, resets the 15th)
- $10,000 Discover Student Loan Scholarships (random drawings through the year)
- $1,100 BI-ANNUAL Dolman Law Group scholarship: video essay contest
- $1,000 Don’t Text & Drive Scholarship (Mar and Sept)
- Fulbright Study Abroad Scholarships
- Funding your Computer Science Degree
- GI Bill Benefits Comparison Tool
- Gates Millenium Scholars
- $1,000 H&P Veterans Helping Veterans Scholarship
- $500 I Heart My School Scholarship
- $500 Innovation Scholarship (deadline is the 20th of every month)
- $1,000 Grade Potential Tutoring Scholarship
- Jackie Robinson Foundation (opens Nov 1; closes Feb 1 annually)
- Knights of Columbus
- $5,000 Nitro College Scholarship (multiple deadlines)
- $2,500 OppU Achievers Scholarship (End of March, June, Sept, Dec): celebrates students who transform opportunity into
- $5,000 G2 Crowd Entrepreneurial Scholarship (varies, check website): For 12 college students who exemplify an entrepreneurial
spirit and mindset
- $1,500 The Reality Medics Scholarship
- $2,500 Redfin Scholarship: Write an essay on low-cost housing
- $500 Richard West Law Office Bi-Annual Scholarship
- $1,000 UncommonGoods Scholarships (July 15 & Dec 15): for qualified undergraduate art or design majors
- $500 Theater Masks Bi-annual Scholarship+
- Sleep Scholarships : Multiple scholarships ranging in amount and eligibility
- $1,000 Varsity Tutors College Scholarship Contest
- $5,000 Religious Scholars Program
- $500-$2,000 College Board Opportunity Scholarships
1st Quarter:January thru March
- Texas to UK Scholarship (Jan 1): Tuition-only funding for undergraduate students currently enrolled in college
in Texas and spending a semester in the UK. Must be a STEM or business major.
- $1,000 Brain Cradle's Technology Scholarship (Jan 1): Write a 600-800 word essay exploring how you've overcome something challenging in
your life which has enable you to be who you are today.
- $1,000 Lulu's Scholarship (Jan 1): Submit a survey.
- $1,000 ANWEP STEM Scholarship (Jan 25): Must be a female student residing in the DFW area with Nigerian orgin. Submit a 1,000
word essay describing your academic and carreer goals and your plans to achieve them.
- $1,000 Protoly Scholarship (Feb 1): Please write a 1,000 to 1,500 word essay answering given questions about an educator
in your life.
- $1,200 Iconic Jewelry Scholarship (Feb 1): Submit a 500 word essay on a given question and submit portfolio work. Must be art,
design, or fasion major.
- $1,000 Sentient Scholarship (Feb 28): Write a 800 to 1,000 word essay esploring how you've used your creative talents in
college so far.
- $1,000 Bill of Rights Scholarship (Feb 29): A 750-1000 word essay answering the following: Is there an amendment in the Bill
of Rights that stands out as being the most important to you, in your opinion? Why
or why not?
- $1,500 Sweet and Simple Scholarship (Feb 29): Complete an application with a sweet and simple essay.
- $1,000 Yellow Web and Mobile App Development Scholarship Program (Mar 1): Also, be a first-year student in an art & design-related program
- Undergraduate Scholarship (Mar 31): Must be a Texas/UK resident and be majoring in a STEM program. British American
Foundation of Texas.
- $5,000 Susan Howard Community Service Award (Mar 31): Can be used for tuition only. For students currently working on an inspiring
community service project.
- $1,000 Legit Writing Services Scholarship (Mar 31): Must submit an essay of at least 1,000 words on the topic of "The Future of American
- $1,000 Ballachy Scholarship (Mar 31): Write an essay of 1,200+ words on the topic “How photography can help conserve and
- $2,500 LendUp Scholarship (Mar 31): In 500 words or fewer tell about an interesting project you've worked on and how it
has impacted your fellow student body or community.
2nd Quarter: April thru June
- $1,000 Nova Academic Scholarship (Apr 1): Submit an essay addressing the following prompt: “What are the most important issues faced in the addiction treatment industry today?”
- $1,000 Hamilton Grant Giving Back Scholarship (Apr 31): Write a 750-word essay about a meaningful experience in community service.
- $5,000 Trail Pro Scholarship (May 1): Submit a 400-500 word essay addressing these questions: What is a passion that, when
immersed in it, makes you lose track of time?
- $1,000 Cyberbullying Awareness Scholarship (May 31): A 750 word response to the prompt.
- $1,000 Make Us Laugh Scholarship (May 31 & Dec 31): Submit a 3-5 minute video showcasing your comedic talents.
- $500 Helping Hands Scholarship (June 1): Submit a 1-5 minute video answering questions like an interview. Intended for nursing
- $1,000 Female Business Leader Scholarship (June 13): Must be a female junior or senior. Submit an essay of 1000 words or less
about how you see business changing in regards to women.
- $1,500 ABC Volunteer Recognition Scholarship (June 30): Please write an 800-1000 word essay reflecting on your volunteer and fundraising experience.
- $2,500 LendUp Scholarship (June 31): In 500 words or fewer tell about an interesting project you've worked on and how it
has impacted your fellow student body or community.
3rd Quarter: July thru September
4th Quarter:October thru December
- $2,000 Macrogen Next Generation Scholarship (July 1 and Dec 1): 500-700 word essay, or a video (less than 3 minutes long) on your choice of a given
- $500 Worker's Advocacy Scholarship (Nov 30): No more than 500 words describing your interest in advocating on behalf of workers
or discuss a unique experience with workers’ rights issues
- $2,500 Legal Studies Scholarship (Nov 30): Demonstrate your dedication to the study of law in 500 words or less. Tell why you're
interested in the study of law.
- $2,000 Blank Style Scholarship (Nov 30): Please submit a one thousand word essay explaining how the blankstyle.com scholarship
could help you to accomplish your goals
- $500 Opiod Awareness Scholarship (Dec 1): An open ended essay about the opioid epidemic in the US. Open to a student pursuing
a health-related degree program.
- $1,000 Anyplace Scholarship Program (Dec 1): Short video required to demonstrate interest in travel.
- $1,000 Zinda Law Group Scholarship (Dec 1): Applicants should be pursuing study in political science. government, or related field.
Submit a 500+ word essay that explains why you are a good candidate.
- $1,000 Larson Law Office Scholarship (Dec 1): Write a 1000-word essay describing your family and how they have influenced you to
become the person you are today.
- $1,000 Ashoori Law Good Deeds Scholarship (Dec 1): Write an essay introducing yourself, explaiing an act of kindless, the impact it has
had, and how it has shaped you.
- $1,000 Anyplace Scholarship (Dec 1): Create a short video about a recent vacation experience.
- $1,000 Toscano Law Firm Scholarship (Dec 1): Please write a 1,000-word essay explaining a personal hardship or catastrophic event
that you have experienced. Did you manage to overcome the obstacle? How did you grow
from the experience?
- $500 National Founder's Undergraduate Business Scholarship (Dec 9): Sumit a cover letter summarizing your interest and experience in entrepreneurship.
- $1,000 Last House Scholarship (Dec 10): Provide basic student info along with a personal statement of why you deserve the
- $2,000 SwopSmart Scholarship (Dec 14): Answer one of the given questions regarding smart phones.
- $1,250 Company.com Scholarship for Children of Small Business Owners (annually July 1 and Dec 15)
- $1,000 Uncommon Good Scholarship (Dec 15): Submit 3 examples of your work and an artist statement.
- $1,500 Caitlan Wallace Memorial Scholarship (Dec 15): Three-page essay informing people about the dangers of drinking and driving.
- $1,000 Hotel Planner Scholarship (Dec + Aug 15): Financial assistance to military veterns and their families pursuing and undergraduate
degree related to technology.
- $500 Pet Parents Scholarship (Dec 31): Write a 750 to 1000-word essay describing a significant experience in your life that
influenced your personal development.
- $3,000 Coupons Plus Deals Scholarship (Dec 31): upload an essay describing how you save money in your daily life.
- $1,000 NCERT Books Scholarship (Dec 31): Write an essay of 1200+ words on the topic “Tips to Help your College Student stay
on a Budget.”
- $1,000 DB Designer Scholarship (Dec 31): Submit an essay of 1200+ words on the topic “Why everyone should know programming?”
- $1,000 Make Us Laugh Scholarship (May 31, Dec 31): Create a 3-5 minute long comedic video in which you showcase your
- $5,000 Vetern Hero Scholarship (Dec 31): Please submit an essay of 500 words asnwering: "What do you wish the American people better understood about military service or military
families" Must be service member or have a family member in the service.
- $500 VIP Puppies Scholarship (Dec 31): Write an essay of 1000 words on our topic: “How Can Dog Breeders Encourage Responsible
- $1,500 CFF Foundation Scholarship (Mar 30, Dec 31): write an essay (up to 1500 words) focusing on one of the essay questions that is given.
- $1,000 Texas Tour Guide Scholarship (Dec 31): Create a video about your favorite road trip destination in your state.
- $3,000 Lakeview Health Scholarship (Dec 31): supply a 1,000 word essay regarding addiction and recovery.
- $1,500 Diversity Career Group Scholarship (Dec 31): Write an essay of 750-1500 words on the subject of recruiting and job seeking.
- $5,000 Rise Up First Generation Scholarship (Dec 31): Must be the first in your family to attend college.
- $1,000 Helix Coffee Scholarship (Dec 31): Submit a 1200+ essay on the best gift ideas for coffee lovers.
- $1,500 Sleep Health Awareness Scholarship (Dec 31): Create a video answering a set of given questions.
- $1,000 Life Reimagined First-Gen Scholarship (Dec 31): Must be a first generation college student. Submit 3 short answers and a long essay.
- $2,500 Financial Literacy Scholarship (Dec 31): Write a 400 to 600 word essay responding to a prompt about financial literacy.
- $5,000 Earnest Scholarship (Dec 31): An 800-1,000 word essay answering a set of given questions is required.
- $1,000 Primitive Outpost Scholarship (Dec 31): Write an essay of 1200+ words on the topic “Some Indispensable Grooming Tips for Men"
- $1,000 Kerri Castellini Women's Leadership Scholarship (Dec 31): Submit a 500-1000 word essay that tells your idea woman leader in the 21st century.
Must be female.
- Viking Steel Scholarship (Dec 31): Several scholarships available with amounts up to $1,500
- $2,500 LendUp Scholarship (Dec 31): In 500 words or fewer tell about an interesting project you've worked on and how it
has impacted your fellow student body or community.
- $1,000 Make Us Laugh Scholarship (Dec 31): Submit a 3-5 minute video showcasing your comedic talents.
- $5,000 Clear Coupon Scholarship (Dec 31): Must be a third or fourth year student to apply. Write an essay about how you can
save money in your daily life.