Institutional scholarships for incoming students
Click here. You will be redirected to the undergraduate scholarship page.
This includes merit awards, departmental scholarships, and more.
Study Abroad Scholarships
Outside Scholarships awarded by UD
Outside Scholarship Opportunities
These scholarships are not offered or maintained by the University. Please contact
the scholarship organization with any questions about the scholarship or website.
This list has been put together to help students begin their scholarship search and
does not include all outside scholarship opportunities.
You must report any awards received from outside UD to our office as soon as possible so that arrangements can be made for appropriate credit. To report
outside scholarships electronically, please log in to BannerWeb. Click on 1) Financial Aid, 2) Award, and 3) Award for Aid Year. Pick the applicable aid year from the drop down menu. Submit your award(s) on the Resources/Add'l Information tab.
How to Spot Scholarship Scams
Ongoing (Check website for details and deadlines)
- $1,500 Adventographer Travel Scholarship: Submit one photo you have taken.
- Air Force ROTC or Army ROTC
- Americorp Funding Opportunities
- $1,500 Autolist Used Car to Dream Car Scholarship
- Communities Foundation of Texas Scholarships
- $500 Catholic United Scholarship (opens annually Mar 1-Apr 30)
- $2,500 Compare Cards College Scholarship (expires the 14th of every month, resets the 15th)
- $10,000 Discover Student Loan Scholarships (random drawings through the year)
- $1,100 BI-ANNUAL Dolman Law Group scholarship: video essay contest
- $1,000 Don’t Text & Drive Scholarship (Mar and Sept)
- Fulbright Study Abroad Scholarships
- Funding your Computer Science Degree
- GI Bill Benefits Comparison Tool
- Gates Millenium Scholars
- $1,000 H&P Veterans Helping Veterans Scholarship
- $500 I Heart My School Scholarship
- $500 Innovation Scholarship (deadline is the 20th of every month)
- $1,000 Grade Potential Tutoring Scholarship
- Jackie Robinson Foundation (opens Nov 1; closes Feb 1 annually)
- Knights of Columbus
- $5,000 Nitro College Scholarship (multiple deadlines)
- $2,500 OppU Achievers Scholarship (End of March, June, Sept, Dec): celebrates students who transform opportunity into
- $5,000 G2 Crowd Entrepreneurial Scholarship (varies, check website): For 12 college students who exemplify an entrepreneurial
spirit and mindset
- $1,500 The Reality Medics Scholarship
- $2,500 Redfin Scholarship: Write an essay on low-cost housing
- $500 Richard West Law Office Bi-Annual Scholarship
- $1,000 UncommonGoods Scholarships (July 15 & Dec 15): for qualified undergraduate art or design majors
- $500 Theater Masks Bi-annual Scholarship+
- Sleep Scholarships : Multiple scholarships ranging in amount and eligibility
- $1,000 Varsity Tutors College Scholarship Contest
- $5,000 Religious Scholars Program
- $500-$2,000 College Board Opportunity Scholarships
1st Quarter:January thru March
- $1,000 Protoly Scholarship (Feb 1): Please write a 1,000 to 1,500 word essay answering given questions about an educator
in your life.
- $1,200 Iconic Jewelry Scholarship (Feb 1): Submit a 500 word essay on a given question and submit portfolio work. Must be art,
design, or fasion major.
- $1,000 Sentient Scholarship (Feb 28): Write a 800 to 1,000 word essay exploring how you've used your creative talents in
college so far.
- $1,000 Bill of Rights Scholarship (Feb 29): A 750-1000 word essay answering the following: Is there an amendment in the Bill
of Rights that stands out as being the most important to you, in your opinion? Why
or why not?
- $1,500 Sweet and Simple Scholarship (Feb 29): Complete an application with a sweet and simple essay.
- $1,000 Yellow Web and Mobile App Development Scholarship Program (Mar 1): Also, be a first-year student in an art & design-related program
- $2,000 Greater Than Gatsby Schoalrship (Mar 1): Submit 3 photos demonstrating your best photography. must be majoring in art, communications,
english, film, or a related field.
- $1,000 Photographer.org Scholarship (Mar 1): Submit a 300 word essay on why you are interested in photography.
- Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation (Mar 3): Must be the child of a former marine and a GPA of at least 2.0. Scholarship amounts
vary from $1,500 to $10,000.
- $2,000 Go Skills Scholarship (Mar 15): Open to females only. Submit a questionare and a business plan.
- Undergraduate Scholarship (Mar 31): Must be a Texas/UK resident and be majoring in a STEM program. British American
Foundation of Texas.
- $1,000 TodayTix Scholarship (Mar 31): Must be majoring/minoring in theater, journalism, or English. Write an essay describing
how the arts has impacted your life.
- $5,000 Susan Howard Community Service Award (Mar 31): Can be used for tuition only. For students currently working on an inspiring
community service project.
- $1,000 Legit Writing Services Scholarship (Mar 31): Must submit an essay of at least 1,000 words on the topic of "The Future of American
- $1,000 Ballachy Scholarship (Mar 31): Write an essay of 1,200+ words on the topic “How photography can help conserve and
- $2,500 LendUp Scholarship (Mar 31): In 500 words or fewer tell about an interesting project you've worked on and how it
has impacted your fellow student body or community.
2nd Quarter: April thru June
- $1,000 Nova Academic Scholarship (Apr 1): Submit an essay addressing the following prompt: “What are the most important issues faced in the addiction treatment industry today?”
- $1,000 Mattress Nerd Scholarship (Apr 1): Answer given questions about environmental impact in a 500-1,000 word essay.
- $500 Dream Local Scholarship (Apr 30): Submit an application and a 350-word essay about the marketing strategies you would
use to to increase contributions to a non-profit of your choice.
- $1,000 Hamilton Grant Giving Back Scholarship (Apr 31): Write a 750-word essay about a meaningful experience in community service.
- $5,000 Trail Pro Scholarship (May 1): Submit a 400-500 word essay addressing these questions: What is a passion that, when
immersed in it, makes you lose track of time?
- $1,000 Cyberbullying Awareness Scholarship (May 31): A 750 word response to the prompt.
- $1,000 Make Us Laugh Scholarship (May 31 & Dec 31): Submit a 3-5 minute video showcasing your comedic talents.
- $500 Helping Hands Scholarship (June 1): Submit a 1-5 minute video answering questions like an interview. Intended for nursing
- $1,000 Female Business Leader Scholarship (June 13): Must be a female junior or senior. Submit an essay of 1000 words or less
about how you see business changing in regards to women.
- $1,500 ABC Volunteer Recognition Scholarship (June 30): Please write an 800-1000 word essay reflecting on your volunteer and fundraising experience.
- $1,000 Vegas Odds Scholarship (June 30): Write a short essay on "Are college athletes remunerated fairly?"
- $2,500 LendUp Scholarship (June 31): In 500 words or fewer tell about an interesting project you've worked on and how it
has impacted your fellow student body or community.
3rd Quarter: July thru September
4th Quarter:October thru December