Institutional scholarships for incoming students
Click here. You will be redirected to the undergraduate scholarship page.
This includes merit awards, departmental scholarships, and more.
The Yale Fund Scholarship - CLOSED for 2020-2021.
- Alumni Association Legacy Scholarship - To support current students who have had a parent, grandparent, or sibling graduate
from the University. Students from all colleges are eligible to apply but a student
may only receive the award one time during his or her academic experience at UD. Deadline: May 1, 2021 for the 2021-2022 Academic year.
- Annual Need Based Endowment Scholarships - To support current undergraduate students with financial need. Includes Minnie K. Patton Scholarship. Deadline: April 17, 2020. CLOSED.
- Baptista Scholarship - To support UD rising (undergraduate) seniors with an intent to attend medical school.
Deadline: March 15, 2020. CLOSED.
- CIC/UPS Scholarship and PACCAR Scholarship - To support current, full-time undergraduate UD students. Deadline: September 20, 2020.
- Constantin First-Generation Scholarship - To support current UD first-generation students. OPEN SEPT. 28 - October 25, 2020.
- Parish Matching Scholarship - For students awarded a scholarship by a parish in any Catholic diocese.
- Scholarships and fellowships for undergraduates with UD Faculty Advisers
- Spring Merit Endowment Scholarships - To support current undergraduate UD students. COMING IN OCTOBER.
- Warren & Anne Marie Pulich Scholarship - To support UD sophomores and juniors majoring in biology, biochemistry, chemistry,
mathematics, or physics. Deadline: March 15, 2020. CLOSED.
- William A. Solemene Foundation Scholarship - To support current undergraduate UD students. Deadline: April 17, 2020. CLOSED.
Study Abroad Scholarships
Outside Scholarships awarded by UD
Outside Scholarship Opportunities
These scholarships are not offered or maintained by the University. Please contact
the scholarship organization with any questions about the scholarship or website.
This list has been put together to help students begin their scholarship search and
does not include all outside scholarship opportunities.
You must report any awards received from outside UD to our office as soon as possible so that arrangements can be made for appropriate credit. To report
outside scholarships electronically, please log in to BannerWeb. Click on 1) Financial Aid, 2) Award, and 3) Award for Aid Year. Pick the applicable aid year from the drop down menu. Submit your award(s) on the Resources/Add'l Information tab.
How to Spot Scholarship Scams
Ongoing (Check website for details and deadlines)
Organizationally Funded Scholarships:
Scholarships for High School Seniors:
Scholarships With Varying Deadlines/Amounts Throughout The Year:
- $1,500 Autolist Used Car to Dream Car Scholarship
- $2,500 Compare Cards College Scholarship (expires the 14th of every month, resets the 15th)
- $10,000 Discover Student Loan Scholarships (random drawings through the year)
- $1,100 BI-ANNUAL Dolman Law Group scholarship: video essay contest
- $1,000 Don’t Text & Drive Scholarship (Mar and Sept)
- Funding your Computer Science Degree
- $1,000 H&P Veterans Helping Veterans Scholarship
- $500 I Heart My School Scholarship
- $500 Innovation Scholarship (deadline is the 20th of every month)
- $1,000 Grade Potential Tutoring Scholarship
- $1,500 The Reality Medics Scholarship
- $2,500 Redfin Scholarship: Write an essay on low-cost housing
- $500 Richard West Law Office Bi-Annual Scholarship
- $1,000 UncommonGoods Scholarships (July 15 & Dec 15): for qualified undergraduate art or design majors
- $500 Theater Masks Bi-annual Scholarship+
- Sleep Scholarships : Multiple scholarships ranging in amount and eligibility
- $1,000 Varsity Tutors College Scholarship Contest
- $5,000 Nitro College Scholarship (multiple deadlines)
- $2,500 OppU Achievers Scholarship (End of March, June, Sept, Dec): celebrates students who transform opportunity into
1st Quarter:January thru March
2nd Quarter: April thru June
3rd Quarter: July thru September
4th Quarter:October thru December
- $2,000 Buckfire & Buckfire Scholarships (Oct 1): Various scholarships available with varying amounts. Check out the link for more information.
- $1,000 Varghese Summersett Scholarship (Oct 1): 500-1500 word essay on your opinion of a current law or piece of legislation that
deserves to be updated.
- Criminal Justice Changemaker Scholarship (Oct 1): 500-1500 word essay on your opinion of a current law or piece of legislation that
deserves to be updated.
- $1,000 BeMo® Scholarship (May 31 and Oct 31): Must be a pre-medical undergraduate. Complete 2 surveys about your academic experience.
- $1000 Steve Duckett Local Conservation Scholarship (Oct 31): Submit a 500-word personal statement explaining your dedication to local
conservation and detailing contributions to conservation and natural preservation
- $1,000 Good Works Scholarship (Oct 31): 500 word essay that describes your leadership and dedication in giving back to your
community through community service projects, including projects involving criminal
- $800 Pet Care Scholarship (Nov 24): Submit a 2-3,000 word essay on a given pet topic.
- $1,000 A Step Forward Scholarship (Nov 30): Scholarship for first generation students. Write an essay explaining why continuing
your education is important to you.
- $5,000 Education Matters Scholarship (Nov 30): Submit a response to the question: "What would you say to someone who thinks education
doesn't matter, or that college is a waste of time and money?" (250 words or less)
- $2,000 Swop Smart Scholarship (Dec 14): Submit an essay, blog post, video or audio recording answering a set of given topics
about smartphones and technology.
- $3,000 Florin Roebig Scholarship (Dec 15): Write an essay of no more than 1,200 words discussing sexual assault on
- $2,500 Dangers of Vaping Scholarship (Dec 15): Write a 1,500 word essay on why vaping is dangerous and why you refrain.
- $1,000 Uncommon Goods Scholarship (Jul 15 & Dec 15): Submit an application and 3 examples of your artwork.
- $1,000 Cancer Awareness Scholarship (Dec 15): Submit an essay of 500-1000 words on any 3 given topics pertaining to cancer and how
it has affected your life.
- $10,000 Unigo Scholarship (Dec 31): Imagine a historical figure is brought to life. Who is it? What is their favorite
- $1,000 McDonald Worley Scholarship (Dec 31): If you had the authority to change your community in a positive way, what specific
changes would you make? 750 word max.
- $1,500 Top Ten Scholarship (Dec 31): Write ten reasons why you deserve this scholarship.
- $1,500 R3 Stem Cell Scholarship (Dec 31): Write a 1000+ word essay that focuses on the topic of how stem cell research will
effect life and health in the next 10 years.