Institutional scholarships for incoming students
Click here. You will be redirected to the undergraduate scholarship page.
This includes merit awards, departmental scholarships, and more.
Outside Scholarships awarded by UD
Outside Scholarship Opportunities
These scholarships are not offered or maintained by the University. Please contact
the scholarship organization with any questions about the scholarship or website.
This list has been put together to help students begin their scholarship search and
does not include all outside scholarship opportunities.
You must report any awards received from outside UD to our office as soon as possible so that arrangements can be made for appropriate credit. To report
outside scholarships electronically, please log in to BannerWeb. Click on 1) Financial Aid, 2) Award, and 3) Award for Aid Year. Pick 2017/2018 Aid Year from the drop down menu. Submit your award(s) on the Resources/Add'l Information tab.
Ongoing (Check website for details and deadlines)
- $1,500 Adventographer Travel Scholarship: Submit one photo you have taken.
- Air Force ROTC or Army ROTC
- Americorp Funding Opportunities
- $1,500 Autolist Used Car to Dream Car Scholarship
- $1,500 Barry's Tickets Scholarship
- Communities Foundation of Texas Scholarships
- $500 Catholic United Scholarship (opens annually Mar 1-Apr 30)
- $2,500 Compare Cards College Scholarship (expires the 14th of every month, resets the 15th)
- $10,000 Discover Student Loan Scholarships (random drawings through the year)
- $1,100 BI-ANNUAL Dolman Law Group scholarship: video essay contest
- $1,000 Don’t Text & Drive Scholarship (Mar and Sept)
- Fulbright Study Abroad Scholarships
- Funding your Computer Science Degree
- GI Bill Benefits Comparison Tool
- Gates Millenium Scholars
- $1,000 H&P Veterans Helping Veterans Scholarship
- $500 I Heart My School Scholarship
- $500 Innovation Scholarship (deadline is the 20th of every month)
- $1,000 Grade Potential Tutoring Scholarship
- Jackie Robinson Foundation (opens Nov 1; closes Feb 1 annually)
- Knights of Columbus
- $5,000 Nitro College Scholarship (multiple deadlines)
- $2,500 OppU Achievers Scholarship (End of March, June, Sept, Dec): celebrates students who transform opportunity into results
- $5,000 G2 Crowd Entrepreneurial Scholarship (varries, check website): For 12 college students who exemplify an entrepreneurial spirit and mindset
- $1,500 The Reality Medics Scholarship
- $2,500 Redfin Scholarship: Write an essay on low-cost housing
- $500 Richard West Law Office Bi-Annual Scholarship
- $2,500 (per year!) Scholarship for Latino Students: Essay for students of hispanic heritage. 2 deadlines annually: January 31 and August
- $1,000 UncommonGoods Scholarships (July 15 & Dec 15): for qualified undergraduate art or design majors
- $500 Theater Masks Bi-annual Scholarship
- $1,000 Varsity Tutors College Scholarship Contest
1st Quarter:January thru March
2nd Quarter: April thru June
3rd Quarter: July thru September
4th Quarter:October thru December
- $1,000 Cancer Horizons College Scholarship (Oct 1): Anyone who has been diagnosed with a cancer can apply with an app and essay.
- $1,000 (top) Educator.com Worldwide Student Scholarship (Oct 1)
- $2,500 Padua Latino Justice Scholarship (Oct 1): particularly encouraging applications from undocumented immigrants, DACA recipients and DREAMers, and students with pending immigrant
or nonimmigrant visa applications.
- $5,000 International Business Communication Scholarship (Oct 15): Submit an essay related to the scholarship theme.
- $500 Pretty Photoshop Actions Bi-Annual Scholarship (annually April 15 & Oct 15): compose an essay-style Adobe Photoshop tutorial
- $700 Delta Kappa Gamma Society Grant (Oct 30): for women and future educators
- $2,500 Apartment Guide Scholarship (Oct 31): What makes a home a home?
$1,000 KidGuard for Education Scholarship (Annually Oct 31): short essay related to awareness on issues such as cyberbullying, online predators,
teet suicide, and childhood depression in the age of tech.
- $1000 Profisee Computer and Information Systems Scholarship (Nov 1): Created to help students interested in MIS, computer engineering
- $1,000 Knoji Corporate Responsibility & Brand Values Scholarship (Nov 9): Create a short youtube video about your favorite brand that incorporates social responsibility
- $3,000 Coupon Marathon Scholarship (Nov 30): Must be a third- or fourth-year student to apply
- $10,000 Academic Hero Scholarship (Dec 1): Quick essay required
- $1,000 Remote DBA “Experts to Students” Scholarship (Dec 1): Must write an essay on the future and vision for change
- $1,250 Company.com Scholarship for Children of Small Business Owners (annually July 1 and Dec 15)
- $5,00 Pretty Lightroom Presets Bi-Annual Scholarship (annually June 15 and Dec 15): Write an essay or tutorial on using this photography
- $1,000 Tropical Andamans Travel Scholarship (annually on Dec 15): Travel essay to win scholarship and tour package
- $500 VOLT Lighting STEM Scholarship (Dec 31): must currently be applying to or enrolled in a STEM program, or be the child of a
parent who currently works in a STEM industry
- $2,500 JJ Bender Scholarship (Dec 31)