The standard undergraduate RESIDENCY REQUIREMENT remains in full effect for the 2017-2018 academic year. Housing registration applications and contract submissions will be entirely online via Crusader Connect for both Irving and current Rome campus students. Applications and contracts submitted during Housing Registration Week have priority over late submissions after April 7th.
Each currently enrolled undergraduate is individually responsible for their own form submissions. Students will be able to request specific roommates and/or room types in the online application form during the Housing Registration Week process starting April 3rd. A 'backup' plan is strongly recommended in case potential future roommates are uncertain of their individual plans, or room type requests exceed availability.
Continuing undergraduates who fall under the Residency Requirement for 2017-2018 but who do NOT register for housing during Housing Registration Week will still be billed for campus housing. These students will be placed in "To Be Assigned" housing and charged standard room and board fees for the fall semester. Charges will be adjusted accordingly as students submit contracts and are assigned to a specific location in campus housing.
Students officially accepted to the Fall Rome Program will automatically be billed for Rome housing and the only item to submit is the housing contract which covers both Irving and Rome. However, Fall Romers on the 'wait list' should still apply for Irving housing and submit a housing contract during Housing Registration Week. As students are officially accepted into the Rome Program, Irving campus housing charges will then be replaced with Rome campus housing charges on Business Office accounts. The Contract Breakage Fee does not apply to fall Irving residents who go to Rome the following spring.
Regardless of the housing request, each student is individually responsible for submission of both a housing contract AND application. The housing contract is available now. The application will be available during Housing Registration Week from the link further down this page. The application link will require you to log into your Crusader Connect account. Only ONE application submission is permitted per student so be certain of your plans before submitting the application during Housing Registration Week. Students wishing to amend their application must send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a 'reopen' of the application. If your updated application is submitted before the end of the Annual Housing Registration Week, it will be processed along with all other completed applications received that week. If your updated application is submitted AFTER the end of the Annual Housing Registration Week, you will be placed on a wait list for placement after those completed on time are first processed.
The application link will not go 'live' until April 3rd, the first day of Housing Registration Week. However, the link to the housing contract is live for early submissions and will be held to match with applications received during Housing Registration Week.
The application form is designed so that everyone is required to complete the 'hall application' section but a separate section will also permit application to the campus apartments for those who qualify to do so by meeting the 60 credit hour minimum by the start of the fall. If you are uncertain of the number of your cumulative credit hours, that information is available at the Office of the Registrar and is also available online via BannerWeb. Any perceived discrepancies should immediately be addressed with the Office of the Registrar.
Applicants who will NOT be under the Residency Requirement as a senior or a junior over age 21 before the first fall class day, also have the option in the 'Residency Status' section to indicate that a campus apartment is the only choice of campus housing. Unsuccessful apartment applicants who qualify to live off campus and wish to do so must then submit the 'Commuter Form' in order to void the previously submitted housing contract.
Each application for a campus apartment or a triple suite in Clark Hall must be as part of a complete qualifying group with all names listed on each student application in order to verify mutual roommate requests. Groups may be of mixed classifications. Mutually confirmed group requests submitted during the official housing registration period will be processed in order of official cumulative credit hours for the entire group. Groups with the highest number of cumulative credit hours are assigned first. When there is only one room (or apartment) type remaining to be assigned and more than one group with the same number of cumulative hours has applied, other determining factors such as application submission dates/times, group average GPA, current hours, etc. are then reviewed
Keep in mind that apartments are double occupancy by bedroom and each apartment group applicant must still have a minimum of 60 credit hours by the start of the fall. Apartment applications from those who will not meet this minimum credit hour requirement will automatically be disqualified, thus affecting the ENTIRE group.
Upon successful submission of the application form you will receive a confirmation message in Crusader Connect. After later review, you will receive another message via Crusader Connect to advise if your application was 'approved' or if it was 'denied' due to failure to submit your housing contract. An 'approved' application will be processed but does NOT indicate automatic placement in your first choice of campus housing. After Housing Registration Week, successful applicants will later receive an email notice within Crusader Connect containing housing assignment information. Remaining applicants will be notified regarding temporary 'wait' list status.
If you qualify for and wish to claim official 'Commuter Status' [age 21 before the first class day of the academic year; senior standing (90 credit hours); married; veteran; or commuter living with local parents within a 50 mile radius of campus, you MUST submit this online "Commuter Form" for next year marking all boxes. Submissions prior to July 1st will qualify for a Housing Deposit refund. Students who may later qualify for 'commuter status' mid-semester are still subject to the refund schedule policies as outlined on the "Residency Requirement" web page.
Exemptions to the residency requirement are difficult to obtain. These requests MUST be made by May 1st. Residents who do NOT qualify for official 'commuter' status may only appeal for exemption from the residency requirement based upon the below. Students should still submit an application during Housing Registration Week in the event that the exemption request is denied.
• FINANCIAL - Undergraduates with financial concerns about the cost of living on campus must have a current FAFSA on file before submitting an exemption request based upon financial concerns. The Office of Student Affairs is NOT responsible for releasing students from the residency requirement due to financial issues. Submission of a FAFSA will first be required by the Financial Aid Office before any possible additional financial assistance may be considered for those who remain under the mandatory residency requirement. A detailed request can be submitted online and must also include a breakdown of estimated costs to live off campus. Attachments are recommended and may be uploaded within the online form available HERE.
• MEDICAL - Students who feel that they have a valid medical reason which would preclude them from living on-campus can submit a request with supporting documentation that outlines the general details of the medical condition. Submitted requests will be reviewed, but exemptions to the residency requirement for medical reasons are extremely rare. Medical issues will not be factored into the Housing Registration Week process. Supporting medical documentation from the student's primary care physician or licensed MD specialist must be uploaded within the online form available HERE.
Exemption requests made after May 1st will NOT be processed. Otherwise, Students who remain under the mandatory residency requirement will continue to be billed accordingly for on-campus housing for the academic year while enrolled as a full-time undergraduate.
Starting on Monday, April 3rd at 8:45 a.m. CST in the U.S. you will be able to click * HERE* to submit your online housing application form for next year. Be certain of your plans before submitting the form as only one application is permitted per student. You have all week through April 7th to submit your application to request specific roommates and room types.
As part of the application process you must also submit the online housing contract via Crusader Connect HERE for next year.
While the application form will still be available after Housing Registration Week, applications submitted DURING Housing Registration Week ending April 7th have first priority. Before the end of the spring semester, applicants will be contacted via email with application results.
Click HERE to view the basic room and campus apartment rates for 2017-2018. Rates are per student and per semester.
Click HERE to view information about Mayterm 2017 campus housing.
Click HERE to view information about Summer 2017 campus housing options for both hall and apartment residents.
Current campus residents are required to formally check-out of hall rooms and apartments by 10 a.m. on Friday, May 12th. This must include the return of room keys issued to traditional hall residents. Swipe access cards will automatically expire at closing on Friday, May 12th. Key Return envelopes for traditional hall residents will be made available. Instructions regarding proper check-out will also be emailed to you well in advance of move-out. Failure to properly complete the check-out process WILL result in improper check-out fines. Failure to leave your room or apartment in approximately the same condition as when you moved in will also result in fines.
Residents may also click HERE for additional details regarding proper check-out procedures. Residents will also be sent notification emails in advance of spring closing.
Upon request HERE, the only exceptions granted to the official closing date and time are the following:
• Graduating senior residents (deadline automatically extended to midnight of graduation Sunday ONLY - otherwise, advance payment of $20/night is required to remain clear in the Business Office for graduation).
• Siblings of graduating seniors upon request and confirmation of family status. Again, approvals are only until midnight of graduation Sunday.
• Mayterm class registration and request for housing. Click HERE for detailed information about Mayterm housing and link to request paid Mayterm housing. Current apartment residents wishing to remain for a Mayterm class must request to do so via email to email@example.com. Apartment residents will also be charged the flat $300 rate for the Mayterm period.
• Students who request and are authorized by the university to stay in support of graduation services (deadline automatically extended to midnight of graduation Sunday ONLY).
• Residents approved for summer housing who will move out of Clark Hall after Mayterm and then into the designated summer hall, Madonna Hall, for the remainder of the summer. Click HERE for detailed information and the link to apply for summer housing.
The submission deadline is May 1st for students who do not fall into any of the above categories but wish to seek official approval to stay a bit longer for valid and verifiable reasons. This will result in relocation over to Clark Hall if living in one of the traditional halls. ALL residents requesting late departure must complete and submit this online "Request For Late Departure Form". Be prepared for a $20/night fee when the request is of a personal nature and not at the request of the university nor academically related.