Spring Housing

Spring Housing Registration (Irving)

Week of November 6, 2017

Fall Romers 

Please see information HERE

Current Irving Residents 

Detailed information regarding the mandatory University of Dallas Residency Requirement for all undergraduates is available HERE.

Current campus residents who qualify for and wish to request a meal plan change for the spring, may do so via this available FORM in Crusader Connect.

Spring Romers

If you have been formally accepted into the spring Rome program, you need not take any further action. You will automatically be removed from Irving campus housing for the spring  and will only be billed Rome campus charges.  However, if you are on the 'wait' list for Rome, you will remain assigned to your current room until such time as you are officially accepted into the spring Rome program.  At that time, you will be removed from Irving campus housing and charges will be adjusted accordingly on your student account in the Business Office.  

Qualifications for Official Commuter Status

Click on this link for detailed information regarding the mandatory University of Dallas Residency Requirement.

If as a current Irving campus resident, you DO qualify for official 'Commuter Status' [age 21 before the start of the spring semester; senior standing (90 credit hours); married; veteran; or commuter living locally with parents within a 50 mile radius of campus ], for the spring and you choose to break your housing contract, you MUST submit this online Commuter Form after logging into your Crusader Connect account.  Residents who qualify mid-year for official 'Commuter Status' are not automatically removed from campus housing.  Housing contracts are by the academic year and not by semester.  You will still qualify for return of your housing deposit as long as your completed form is submitted online prior to December 1st.

Those who do NOT qualify for official 'commuter' status but wish to live off-campus will generally fall into one of the below categories.  

  • FINANCIAL - Undergraduates with financial concerns about the cost of living on campus must have a current FAFSA on file. The Office of Student Affairs is not responsible for releasing students from the residency requirement due to financial issues. 
  • MEDICAL - Be prepared to outline the general details of any medical issues creating a need that cannot be met by living on campus.  Be prepared to also submit medical documentation which supports the request based upon medical necessity.
  • PERSONAL - "I want to live with my friends across the street" does not automatically qualify anyone for official 'commuter' status. Students who make these types of statements still fall under the mandatory residency requirement without exception and will continue to be billed accordingly for on-campus housing for the remainder of the academic year while enrolled as a full-time undergraduate.

Fall residents wishing to pursue a formal exemption request to the UD residency requirement may do so online HERE.  It is in your best interest to review all information given within the form prior to submission. You will remain assigned to and billed for campus housing until such time as you may be officially released from the residency requirement.

If you CURRENTLY COMMUTE and wish to move ON CAMPUS in the Spring

Contact the Office of Student Affairs via email HERE (to bboop@udallas.edu) to check availability. Upon assignment you will be required to submit both a $200 housing deposit and a housing contract before the assignment is official. Contact the Office of Student Affairs with any additional questions.

Interterm Housing - $300

Click HERE for information regarding Interterm housing on campus.