CPT - Constantin
- First, before the term in which you want to have the internship, speak to the International Student
Advisor to determine if you are eligible.
- Pick up an Internship Registration form from the Career Services Office in Augustine
- Finding an appropriate internship: Consult the Career Services web site for possible internships, network with classmates,
ask a professor, or explore the local market on your own. If you post your resume
on an electronic employment web site, please state that you are seeking an internship
(not a regular employment position) and state your availability date - when you can
begin - that will usually be the start of the next academic term. When you have been
offered a position that you believe qualifies as an internship, complete the appropriate
section on the form and take the form back to the Career Services Office.
- Getting credits approved and registering for the course: Since CPT has to be for academic credit, general education credits are usually assigned.
The Associate Director for Internships will assist you to process your registration
for the credit. An internship final report must be submitted at the end of the term.
- Get employment authorization: After getting approval from the Associate Director and registering for the credits,
make an appointment to see the International Advisor to have your CPT entered into
SEVIS and receive a new I-20. Bring your approved Internship Registration form. IMPORTANT: You may NOT begin work until the employment is entered into SEVIS and you
have received a new I-20.