The person who interviews you will typically ask if you have any questions about the
position or the company. Don't pass up this opportunity to gather information it
indicates that you are interested in the job and may help in your decision-making
The best questions are those that build on the content of your interview, but the
following are additional suggestions:
- To what extent will I be responsible for determining my work objectives?
- Describe the rotational training program associated with this position/internship.
How is employee performance evaluated during the training period?
- What career paths have others generally followed after completing the program?
- As an intern, what kind of projects will I receive?
- What characteristics best describe individuals who are successful in this position?
- Where could a person advance who is successful in this position? Within what time
- In what ways has this organization been most successful in terms of products/services
over the past several years?
- How is job performance evaluated?
- What has been the professional growth track for other students who have been recruited
by your company over the past 3-5 years?
- How would you describe the culture of your organization?
- If I work hard and prove my value to the company, where might I find myself in five
- What is a typical work week for a (position) in your company?
- How much decision-making authority is given to new employees?
- Does your organization encourage its employees to pursue additional education?
- What other positions/departments will I interact with the most?
- What are the key business reasons driving the need for this position?
- Describe the three top challenges that I'll face in this job.
- What has to happen for you to know you've hired the best person?
- What are the key deliverables and outcomes that this position must achieve?
- Describe the top three initiatives for your company/department and how this position
is linked to these initiatives.
- What are the key metrics for measuring success in this position?