The Office of Personal Career Development provides year-round assistance to UD students
and alumni. Please see resources below to help you build your professional experience
during the semester break.
Questions? Email email@example.com.
Develop an action plan for semester break
InsideSherpa: Build experience and skills with company-backed Virtual Work Experience Programs.
Wall Street Prep: Provides some free (and some with a fee) resources for financial modeling and technical
WSJ Money: Students can use this resource to find personal finance and money management information
and submit money questions of their own.
- The Cambridge Consultant: Free case interview prep for consulting and blog about what it is like to be a consultant.
FREE ONLINE COURSES
- Microsoft 365 Training: Learn how to navigate any Microsoft products including Excel Skills (basic and advanced).
- LinkedIn Learning: Online library of training videos featuring the latest software, creative, and business
- Hubspot Academy: Learn about different forms of marketing from social media to sales.
- Coursera: Build skills with courses, certificates, and degrees online from world-class universities
- EdX: Access 2500+ online courses from 140 top institutions.
- Udacity: Offers around 200 courses that are completely free (but do not offer a certificate). In response to the Covid-19 pandemic, Udacity
is offering everyone one month free.
- CodeAcademy: Learn to code with interactive lessons & daily practice.
- Khan Academy: Expert-created content and resources for every course and level. Always free.
Build and use your network during this time. Building connections will provide you an invaluable opportunity to develop and prepare
for your career goals. Ask your immediate network if they know of anything available or could they help
you out in any way. More often than not, you find your internships through someone
We also released a networking workshop
to help with how to format your emails and messages to contacts.
Take Focus 2 - a major and career matching quiz - for a list of job titles that might
What Can I Do With This Major?
WCIDWTM is a website that allows you to explore different majors, typical career areas associated
with each major, and info about employers that typically hire in each field.
OPCD Major & Career Exploration Guide
We developed this guide specifically for UD students to guide you through major and career discernment. Learn
quick and easy steps you can take today toward choosing a major or career path.
Additional Career Exploration Resources
QUICK CAREER TIP VIDEOS
Your resume is often the only picture a recruiter has of you, your abilities, and
your accomplishments. Recruiters typically spend 20 seconds or less scanning a resume. Find more information about resumes, cover letters, and interviews here.
Access OPCD resume samples and templates (must be logged into your UD email address to access).
HANDSHAKE (UD ONLINE JOB BOARD)
RESOURCES FOR REMOTE JOB & INTERNSHIP SEARCH
Handshake is just one tool in your toolbox. We also recommend looking into other internship
boards. Some include,
- LinkedIn Job Board - Research openings, salaries, and employer contacts
- Glassdoor.com - Research company profiles, reviews, and salaries in addition to postings
- Indeed.com - One search, all jobs
- WSJ Jobs - A place for students and career center staff to discover the latest information on
business and careers. Students can find valuable information on how to best present
themselves as they enter the labor market and ask WSJ reporters specific career questions.
- Covintern: Students can get connected with remote internships at top startups and companies.
- Internfromhome.com: Virtual internships and jobs.
- Notion.so: Remote mentorship, internships, jobs, and community for students.
- iX Remote: Offers students a way to learn industry-relevant skills, gain work experience and
improve their career prospects.
- Weworkremotely: Job board advertising full and part time remote work.
- Remote.co: Search remote positions by industry, learn more about remote work through articles
and blogs, and have questions answered by leading remote companies and virtual teams.
Find a list of more internship boards here.
Are you staying in the DFW area for the holidays?
Volunteer with Catholic Charities of Dallas. Sign up here.
Questions? Email Kelsey Stanley at firstname.lastname@example.org
Location + Event
Date + Times
Our Lady of Perpetual Help Food Pantry (2517 Anson Rd., Dallas, TX 75235)
Weekly: Monday & Thursday from 9:30 AM-11:30AM
Volunteers will help in our food pantries by putting boxes in food in peoples trunks.
Marillac Food Pantry (2843 Lapsley St.)
Weekly: Tuesday and Friday from 8:30-11:15 or 11:00-1:15
Jan Pruitt Community Pantry (123 Alexander Ave.)
Weekly: Tuesday-Thursday: 8:30-11:15 or 11:15-1:30
Friday: 1:00-3:15 or 3:15-5:15
Volunteer to work on a political campaign: Sign up on the campaign’s website (local,
state, national). Many roles and responsibilities can be done virtually.
MAKE AN APPOINTMENT WITH YOUR CAREER ADVISOR
Career advisors will conduct appointments via phone and Zoom. Students and alumni
can schedule an appointment on UD Handshake for the following:
- Career exploration (Focus2 self-assessments available)
- Resume, cover letter, and personal statement review
- Job and internship search assistance
- LinkedIn profile review
- Mock interview
- Fellowships advising
To schedule an appointment:
- Go to UD Handshake and log in using your UD credentials.*
- Once you are logged in, click Career Center at the top right of the page, then Appointments,
and Schedule a New Appointment.
*Typically your username is your udallas email without the @udallas (example: goneill)
and your password is your student ID number. Please email email@example.com if you have issues logging in.
UD Handshake is the OPCD’s online database exclusive to UD students and alumni that provides
direct access to full-time, part-time, and internship positions. Over 250,000 employers post jobs to Handshake, including all 500 of the Fortune 500
companies. Log in using their UD network credentials (username and password for UD WiFi).