The Fitness Center (F.C.) provides 3,000 square feet of state of the art Life Fitness,
Cybex and free-weight equipment. Designed with a variety of fitness and wellness
levels, the Fitness Center's facilities offer something for every individual. Whether
you stay in shape with strength training, cardio work, running aerobics, yoga or pick-up
basketball, the Fitness Center can accommodate you.
Current Status: Closed
Expected Reopening: N/A
Hours of Operation
* Breaks & Holidays
The University Fitness Center is open seven days a week during the normal academic
year. Hours are subject to change and may vary around holidays and breaks. There are
limited hours during Interterm, Mayterm, Summer I, and Summer II terms.
Closed Holidays & Breaks
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- End of Summer Terms
- Thanksgiving Break
- Christmas Break
- Spring Break
- Easter Break
- All patrons of the Fitness Center will be required to complete a safety orientation
prior to using the Fitness Center if they do not completed a COVID-19 safety orientation dated July 13 or after. Safety orientations will be conducted by Fitness Center Attendants
every 15 minutes, upon request, during normal open hours.
- All patrons are required to sign in and out with the Fitness Center Attendant every
time they use the facilities. Failure to do so may result in revoked access to the
facilities. This procedure allows contact tracing for COVID-19 concerns should the
- No more than 15 patrons may be inside the Fitness Center at any given time. The amount
of users in the free-weight section is limited to 7 (including spotters).
- All patrons will walk along designated tape routes when going between machines, entering
and exiting, and retrieving cleaning supplies to wipe down a machine.
- All patrons will clean machines after usage, waiting for cleaning supplies before
moving to another machine if they are all in use. Patrons are asked to wipe down all
touched surfaces of the used machine or free-weight.
- Patrons are required to be masked at all times. There are no exceptions to this policy.
- If a patron feels unwell while using the Fitness Center facilities, they will be asked
to stop exercising and return at a later date for their own safety.
- If you have concerns to report from a COVID-19 standpoint, please contact 972-721-5053 per the recent Fall Reopening plan outlined by President Thomas Hibbs.
Fitness Center Regulations
- Fitness Center equipment and facility may only be used if Fitness Center staff is
- Patrons must present a valid University of Dallas ID or membership card to access
the Fitness Center. See membership information for eligibility requirements.
- Front door and emergency exit door may not be propped open.
- Emergency exits are only to be accessed in an emergency situation (no other reasons
permit opening these emergency doors). Please also refrain from performing exercises
in front of the emergency exit.
- Proper fitness attire must be worn including shirts and sneakers.
- Food is not permitted. Only beverages in a re-sealable container are allowed. No class
containers of any kind.
- Removing equipment and/or weights from the Fitness Center is not permitted.
- The Fitness Center and the University are not responsible for any items left unattended.
- To avoid injury, please utilize exercise machines and equipment for its intended use.
The Fitness Center reserves the right to ask patrons to discontinue use to avoid risk
to self, others and equipment.
- Patrons are to abide by all staff requests. All patrons and employees must comply
with instructions from the Director of Student Activities & Recreational Services
and the Office of Student Affairs.
Sanitation and Cleanliness
- To assist in maintaining a safe and sanitary facility, please use the towels and spray
bottles provided to wipe down equipment before and after use to help minimize the
transmission of infections, as well as to extend the life span of equipment.
- The Fitness Center strives to maintain a clean environment for patrons. We ask that
patrons help keep the Fitness Center sanitary by bringing their own towels and by
not working out when they are ill. Disinfectant and towels are available at the Sanitation
Stations for patrons to use on the equipment before and after use. The Fitness Center
is professionally cleaned once a week.