Skip to Main Content

Spring Housing

Spring 2021 Housing Information (Irving) For Continuing Undergrads

Fall 2020 Romers 

Please see information HERE

Current Irving Residents 

Detailed information regarding the mandatory University of Dallas Residency Requirement for all undergraduates is available HERE.

Current campus residents who qualify for and wish to request a meal plan change for the spring, may do so from within eRez accounts at a later date closer to the start of the spring 2021 semester.

Fall residents in Irving will remain assigned to the same location for the spring unless the student is going to Rome, taking an official leave, submits an approved commuter form or will otherwise not be enrolled for the spring 2021 semester.

Spring 2021 Romers

If you have been formally accepted into the spring Rome program, you need not take any further action. You will automatically be removed from Irving campus housing for the spring  and will only be billed Rome campus charges.  However, if you are on the 'wait' list for Rome, you will remain assigned to your current room until such time as you are officially accepted into the spring Rome program.  At that time, you will be removed from Irving campus housing and charges will be adjusted accordingly on your student account in the Business Office.  

Qualifications for Official Commuter Status

Click on this link for detailed information regarding the mandatory University of Dallas Residency Requirement.

If as a current Irving campus resident, you DO qualify for official 'Commuter Status' [age 21 before the start of the spring semester; senior standing (90 credit hours); married; veteran; or commuter living locally with parents within a 50 mile radius of campus ], for the spring and you choose to break your housing contract, you MUST submit a Spring 2021 Commuter Application from within your eRez account once available.  Residents who qualify mid-year for official 'Commuter Status' are not automatically removed from campus housing.  Housing contracts are by the academic year and not by semester.  You will still qualify for return of your housing deposit as long as your completed form is submitted in eRez prior to December 1st.  Submissions after December 1st will result in placement of the $500 Contract Breakage Fee on your student account in the Business Office.  

Those who do NOT qualify for official 'commuter' status but wish to live off-campus will generally fall into one of the below categories.  

  • FINANCIAL - Undergraduates with financial concerns about the cost of living on campus must have a current FAFSA on file before submitting an exemption request based upon financial concerns. The Office of Student Affairs is NOT responsible for releasing students from the residency requirement due to financial issues. Submission of a FAFSA will first be required by the Financial Aid Office before any possible additional financial assistance may be considered for those who remain under the mandatory residency requirement. Residents requesting exemption must first send an email request to An exemption request application will then be placed in your eRez account for completion. This detailed request should include a breakdown of estimated costs to live off campus. Attachments are recommended and may be uploaded within the online form once placed in your eRez account.  The submission deadline is December 1, 2020.
  • MEDICAL - Students who feel that they have a valid medical reason which would prevent them from living on-campus will NOT submit the same form as financial requests. All requests to live off campus based upon any variety of medical need must instead contact the ADA office. See this ADA WEB PAGE for additional information.
    This same web page also contains a direct link to the accommodation request form which will go directly to the ADA office. Be prepared to provide medical documentation in support of your request. After review completion, the ADA office will notify the Office of Student Affairs if the request is granted.

If you CURRENTLY COMMUTE and wish to move ON CAMPUS in the Spring

Keep in mind that ongoing changes are still possible due to COVID restrictions, applications for spring housing on campus will be accepted in eRez.  Feel free to contact Housing in the Office of Student Affairs via email HERE (to to inquire about room availability. If determined that you can be assigned to campus housing for the spring, you will be required to submit both a $200 housing deposit and a housing application in eRez before an assignment is finalized. Contact Housing with any additional questions.


If you are CURRENTLY ONLINE only and plan to return to campus housing in Irving next Spring

You will need to submit the spring application in eRez, once available.  Or, if you intend to commute to campus based upon either being age 21 or over, or are a senior, or will commute from your local parents' home, you will instead need to submit the spring commuter application in eRez.

Interterm Housing - Not Available