Transfer Students

Transfer Students

Apply as a Transfer Student

The University of Dallas welcomes transfer students who have proven to be academically successful at another postsecondary institution.

Whether transferring from a community college or a 4-year degree program, completing your schooling at UD can broaden your educational foundation through a liberal arts curriculum rooted in the Great Books of Western tradition, as well as detailed studies in a specific major. Students considering transferring to UD are invited to apply for the Fall or Spring semester and are encouraged to make the transition as early as possible during their academic career.

Transfer Student Application Requirements

If you are considering transferring to the University of Dallas, you may find our Academic Advising Info helpful during this process. This sheet should act as a guide in determining which credits will transfer and will also assist you in deciding which courses to take while in the transfer transition. All credits are subject to the approval of the Academic Dean.

In order to be considered for admission to the University of Dallas, transfer students must:

  • Complete the online application. This includes a completed essay of approximately 500-650 words on the topic of why you are interested in transferring to UD. If you have questions, please contact the Transfer Counselor, German J. Lopez)
  • Letter of recommendation from a college instructor. This letter must be submitted by the recommender, not by the student. If you are unable to provide a recommendation from an instructor, please email the Transfer Counselor to notify who will be providing a recommendation for you.
  • Look over the Academic Advising for Transfer Students page to see what courses/credits will or will not transfer.
  • Have at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA.
  • Submit official college transcripts for each institution attended. Transcripts must be sent directly by your institution to UD; transcripts submitted by the applicant will be considered unofficial and will not fulfill this requirement.
    • If you have fewer than 24 hours of college credit, you are required to send a final official high school transcript. 
  • Submit your $50 application fee or an official fee waiver form. You may submit payment electronically.


Send all documents to:

Office of Undergraduate Admission & Financial Aid
1845 E. Northgate Drive
Irving, TX 75062

Questions? Email