Amount: $1000 - $5000 Per Year
Eligibility: High School Seniors and Transfer Students
Application available: August 1
Deadline to apply: January 15
Deadline to interview on campus: January 31
Students who have applied to UD with an interest in studying Classics may compete
for the award.
To Apply for the Classics Department Scholarship, you must:
- Apply for admission to University of Dallas.
- Complete the Classics Departmental Scholarship Application and submit at least two weeks prior to your campus visit and interview. Attach any
supplemental material to the online application OR email to email@example.com.
- Submit the recommendation form from your high school or college Latin or Greek teacher.
- Submit your most recent high school transcript.
- Schedule an on-campus interview with the Classics Department by registering for Odyssey Day or a personalized visit.
- The competition consists of a one-hour Greek or Latin translation test and an interview
with the Classics Department faculty.
Apply for Scholarship
The Classics Department Scholarship is renewable annually for four consecutive school
years, dependent upon the student's academic performance and the criteria stated below:
- Fulfill general scholarship renewal criteria.
- Complete three advanced courses within the Classics Department beyond the required
language Core. Exceptions to this are possible, especially if a student elects to
study Greek and must start at the elementary level. The exact number of required courses
will depend on the student's placement in Latin and/or Greek upon arrival and will
be determined by the Chair of the Department of Classics. Courses taken beyond the
Core may count as electives.
- Begin Classics courses during the first semester freshman year and take at least one
course each semester attending the Irving campus until the minimum is reached.
- Meet with the Classics Advisor each semester for approval of your course schedule
until you have achieved the minimum course completion requirement.