Amount: $1000 - $5000 Per Year
Eligibility: High School Seniors and Transfer Students
Application available: August 1st
Deadline to apply: January 15th
Deadline to interview on campus: February 1st
To Apply for the Drama Department Scholarship, you must:
- Apply for admission to the University of Dallas.
- Complete the Drama Departmental Scholarship Application and submit at least two weeks prior to your campus visit and interview. Attach any
supplemental material to the online application OR email to email@example.com.
- Submit a brief essay telling us about yourself, your interest in theater and how you
plan to participate in theater at UD.
- Submit a headshot.
- Submit a copy of your resume.
- Schedule an on-campus audition OR portfolio review with the Drama Department by registering
for Odyssey Day or a personalized visit.
Audition: Each applicant must prepare (2) two audition monologues. One must be from a play
written pre-1900 and in verse (with a strong preference for Shakespeare), and the
second monologue must be a contemporary piece written post-1900 (with a strong preference
for an American play post 1980) that is not in verse. Each monologue must be a maximum
of (2) two minutes long.
- Portfolio Review: Please include 10 -15 pieces that best demonstrate your work. These can be final
renderings, models or photos (of finished work in production). These can also include
your own paintings, drawings and other expressions of your artistic eye. The design
application will be an interview and conversation about your pieces you select. Please
bring extra copies of your portfolio.
Apply for Scholarship
The Drama Department Scholarship is renewable annually for four consecutive school
years, dependent upon the student's academic performance and the criteria stated below:
- Fulfill general scholarship renewal criteria.
- Must have significant participation in the Mainstage production each semester.
- Maintain good standing with the Drama Department.