"A special kind of beauty exists which is born in language, of language and for language."
- Gaston Bachelard, French Philosopher
Amount: $1000 - $5000 Per Year
Eligibility: High School Seniors and Transfer Students
Application available: August 1
Deadline to apply: December 1
Deadline to interview on campus: November 18
Deadline to interview virtually: December 14
To Apply for the French Department Scholarship, you must:
- Apply for admission to University of Dallas.
- Complete the French Departmental Scholarship Application and submit at least two weeks prior to your campus visit and interview. Attach any supplemental material to the online application OR email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit a letter of recommendation from your high school or college French teacher.
- Submit your most recent high school transcript.
- Once you have completed your application you will be instructed on how to schedule
an on-campus interview with the French Department.
- The French Scholarship competition consists of a written exam and an oral interview.
Both must take place during an official on-campus visit. Students enrolled in their
third year of high school French or those who have completed the equivalent level
of study are encouraged to apply.
Apply for Scholarship
The French Department Scholarship is renewable annually for four consecutive school
years, dependent upon the student's academic performance and the criteria stated below:
- Fulfill general scholarship renewal criteria.
- Declare and complete a concentration in French.
- Help organize at least one extracurricular activity per semester that is of interest
to students of French.