"A special kind of beauty exists which is born in language, of language and for language."
- Gaston Bachelard, French Philosopher
Amount: $1000 - $5000 Per Year
Eligibility: High School Seniors and Transfer Students
Application available: August 1
Deadline to apply: January 15
Deadline to interview on campus: January 31
To Apply for the German Department Scholarship, you must:
- Apply for admission to University of Dallas.
- Complete the German Departmental Scholarship Application and submit two weeks prior to your campus visit and interview. Attach any supplemental material to the online application OR email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit a letter of recommendation from your high school or college German teacher.
- Submit a letter of interest stating your prior experience with the German language.
- Submit your most recent high school transcript.
- Schedule an on-campus interview with the German Department by registering for Odyssey Day or a personalized visit .
- Applicants should be prepared to demonstrate their reading and speaking ability in
Apply for Scholarship
The German Department Scholarship is renewable annually for four consecutive school
years, dependent upon the student's academic performance and the criteria stated below:
- Fulfill general scholarship renewal criteria.
- Complete at least four German courses above the Intermediate I level.
- Begin German courses during the first semester freshman year and take at lease one
course each semester attending the Irving campus until the minimum is reached.
- Meet with the German advisor each semester for approval of your course schedule until
you have achieved the minimum course completion requirements.
- Help organize at least one extra-curricular activity per semester that is of interest
to students of German.