Amount: $1000 - $5000 Per Year
Eligibility: High School Seniors and Transfer Students
Application available: August 1
Deadline to apply: December 1
Deadline to interview on campus: December 15
To Apply for the German Department Scholarship, you must:
- Apply for admission to University of Dallas.
- Complete the German Departmental Scholarship Application and submit two weeks prior to your campus visit and interview. Attach any supplemental
material to the online application OR email to email@example.com.
- Submit a letter of recommendation from your high school or college German teacher.
- Submit a letter of interest stating your prior experience with the German language.
- Your high school transcript will be pulled from your general admission application.
- Once you have completed your application you will be instructed on how to schedule
an on-campus or virtual interview with the German Department.
- Applicants should be prepared to demonstrate their reading and speaking ability in
Apply for Scholarship
The German Department Scholarship is renewable annually for four consecutive school
years, dependent upon the student's academic performance and the criteria stated below:
- Fulfill general scholarship renewal criteria.
- Complete at least four German courses above the Intermediate I level.
- Begin German courses during the first semester freshman year and take at lease one
course each semester attending the Irving campus until the minimum is reached.
- Meet with the German advisor each semester for approval of your course schedule until
you have achieved the minimum course completion requirements.
- Help organize at least one extra-curricular activity per semester that is of interest
to students of German.