"A special kind of beauty exists which is born in language, of language and for language."
- Gaston Bachelard, French Philosopher
Amount: $1000 - $5000 Per Year
Eligibility: High School Seniors and Transfer Students
Application available: August 1st
Deadline to apply: January 15th
Deadline to interview on campus: February 1st
To Apply for the German Department Scholarship, you must:
- Apply for admission to University of Dallas.
- Complete the German Departmental Scholarship Application and submit two weeks prior to your campus visit and interview. Email any supplemental material to email@example.com or mail to the following address:
University of Dallas
Office of Undergraduate Admission
German Department Scholarship
1845 E Northgate Drive
Irving, TX 75062
- Submit a letter of recommendation from your high school or college German teacher.
- Submit a letter of interest stating your prior experience with the German language.
- Schedule an on-campus interview with the German Department by registering for Odyssey Day or a personalized visit to the University of Dallas. Applicants should be prepared to demonstrate their reading
and speaking ability in German.
The German Department Scholarship is renewable annually for four consecutive school
years, dependent upon the student's academic performance and the criteria stated below:
- Fulfill general scholarship renewal criteria.
- Complete at least four German courses above the Intermediate I level.
- Begin German courses during the first semester freshman year and take at lease one
course each semester attending the Irving campus until the minimum is reached.
- Meet with the German Advisor each semester for approval of your course schedule until
you have achieved the minimum course completion requirements.
- Help organize at least one extra-curricular activity per semester that is of interest
to students of German.