"A special kind of beauty exists which is born in language, of language and for language."
- Gaston Bachelard, French Philosopher
Amount: $1000 - $5000 Per Year
Eligibility: High School Seniors and Transfer Students
Application available: August 1
Deadline to apply: December 1
Deadline to interview on campus: November 18
Deadline to interview virtually: December 14
To Apply for the Spanish Department Scholarship, you must:
- Apply for admission to University of Dallas.
- Complete the Spanish Departmental Scholarship Application and submit at least two weeks prior to your campus visit and interview. Attach any supplemental material to the online application OR email to email@example.com.
- Submit a letter of recommendation from your high school or college Spanish teacher.
- Submit your most recent high school transcript.
Apply for Scholarship
The Spanish Department Scholarship is renewable annually for four consecutive school
years, dependent upon the student's academic performance and the criteria stated below:
- Fulfill general scholarship renewal criteria.
- Complete at least four courses above the Intermediate I level.
- Begin Spanish courses during the first semester freshman year and take at least one
course each semester attending the Irving campus until the minimum is reached.
- Meet with the Spanish Advisor each semester for approval of your course schedule until
you have achieved the minimum course completion requirements.
- Help organize at least one extracurricular activity per semester that is of interest
to students of Spanish.